New here from WA

Riversilk

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 3, 2012
Washington
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum but not new to keeping chickens. I took a year or so off from having them and recently got some new girls and a few roosters. What started out as 5 chickens has quickly morphed into 12! I bought some lovely Wyandotte hens first. Then I bought a rooster to go with them. Then I decided I needed some Silkies to hatch out eggs for me. I bought two and everyone loved them in my family so I decided to get a couple more. Went to pick up 1 rooster and two hens and came home with three hens and two roosters.
tongue.png
And so it goes. I really love the Silkies and the Wyandottes. Both are new breeds for me to keep.

This time around with chickens I am looking to get more serious about breeding and possibly showing also. My kids are just the age for 4-h and I would love for them t be able to have nice birds to do that with along with other poultry shows. I know I have a lot to learn about all of that and that is why I am here. I live just east of the cascades in WA and recently attended the Stevenson Show, Loved seeing all of the lovely critters there.

I am looking for a few more Silkies eventually and Deciding which way to go with the Wyandottes.

Look forward to learning from all of you.

Last edited:
Hello and :welcome

Glad to have you onboard! Sounds like "chicken math" is hitting you too. :lol:
Good luck with showing if you do decide to go down that road. I know there's a section on BYC dedicated to showing birds!
Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site. :D

Back
Top Bottom