New Here from Wright Co MN

Ole and Lena

Songster
8 Years
Jul 22, 2011
Wright Co Minnesota
I knew there'd be a chicken group out there. Just getting our flock of 25 Wyandottes and Barred Rocks going on 5 acres here by Monticello. The hard work is done, were able to build a coop inside existing barn so I only had to frame 2 walls. This chicken thing is fun. Can't wait until they start laying and our extra roosters are starting to get good and fat. My wife will be using the same user name so you could get either of us. Looking forward to learning more about this hobby around here and maybe doing some horse trading once we get going to get some new blood/breeds mixed into our flock. Forgot to add, I'm an avid trapper so if anybody has any consistent predator problems, keep me in mind for advice on solving your problem permenantly. If you're not into that, turn on a radio and cross your fingers.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from Northern Ontario Canada

Chickens are fun, mind you it takes a while for them to lay their first eggs but its very rewarding in the end and its peaceful to watch them frolic about.

Glad you joined us,

Ema

Quote:
Wouldn't be hard. Just disassemble a $10 motion light from Menards and cut the pos and neg from your radio cord into the lighting wires, either terminal or in-line if you want the light to work too. Don't put it anywhere a fire inspector will see unless you do it in an approved jct. box.

Back
Top Bottom