New here, hi from a Dutchie šŸ‘‹šŸ»

Wendy_Dutchie

In the Brooder
Jul 28, 2020
Hi everyone, I am Wendy and a new member from The Netherlands. I had three chickens as a child but thatā€™s a loooong time ago, as I am slowly but steady approaching 45. We are currently building a coop and as we speak, well as I type, my first chick just pipped itā€™s shell. I have 16 eggs in the incubator. There were 20 but 4 were not developed with the last candelling to now there are 16 left. There are 10 Silverudds Blues, 4 Welsummers and 2 cream Legbars in the incubator. I am beyond excited and terrified. I read a lot and now I know what can go wrong it isnā€™t a very chillaxed first hatching time for me. But I did learn from all the reading I have to be patient above anything else, so I will try my best.

I found BYC on Instagram first and then came here, read a lot and decided to join as there is a lot to learn. My other hobbies are photography, gardening, watching tv and spending time with my dog. Here is a picture I recently made of a quail chick from a friend of mine. Hopefully my own chicks will follow soon.

Wendy

D840E3BB-A5E8-4B08-8CC9-228DFC40AC04.jpeg

And here is our coop, busy painting it right now:

2CF3A1AD-ADA7-4669-9C72-D336D51A7039.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom