New here, HI

Pfelinus

In the Brooder
May 24, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? After I got out of the Navy inherited them knew nothing lots of hard knocks.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 11

(3) What breeds do you have? 5 Brown hybrid layers, a couple of leghorns and 4 Wyndottes

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?They are happy to see me and give me eggs which taste better than store bought.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Rock Polishing, trying to grow indoor house plants, I am a shortwave radio enthusiast.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Retired Navy, now I am a Grand Parent we have dogs and cats and chickens.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community
I clicked on a link from a homestead page and found the community, I knew there were other chicken communities out there but not one in particular. The forums seem polite and very informative not too judgmental.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? After I got out of the Navy inherited them knew nothing lots of hard knocks.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 11

(3) What breeds do you have? 5 Brown hybrid layers, a couple of leghorns and 4 Wyndottes

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?They are happy to see me and give me eggs which taste better than store bought.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Rock Polishing, trying to grow indoor house plants, I am a shortwave radio enthusiast.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Retired Navy, now I am a Grand Parent we have dogs and cats and chickens.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community
I clicked on a link from a homestead page and found the community, I knew there were other chicken communities out there but not one in particular. The forums seem polite and very informative not too judgmental.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom