New here in Oregon

catmom57

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 4, 2014
Hi there my name is Sharla and I am kind of new to chickens fell in love with a neighbors English Orpintons, Silkies and Seramas last year and so this year started my own flock with after I "fostered" some of hers that were causing trouble for her. I then got some lovely English/standard mix Orp older chicks from a breeder here in OR two splash and one Blue and loved them so much I got two of her older hens she was trading out for new breeders! So I now have three Blues, two splash,and one RIR one buff orp from a feed store from my neighbors cause they were trouble makers over there!
I still want some silkies and maybe some cochins or brahmas and something silver laced can you tell I'm addicted?
I will most likely get a Jubilee Orp from my friend since she has three that are looking very similar so she is willing to part with one. And one EE from another neighbor cause she does not like her "another trouble maker"!
We are not supposed to have roos here and I think it is a shame for the girls sake and safety plus I just love the silky roos! So I might just have to try the no crow collar has anyone else tried it?
Any who I am 57 going through my second youth with chickens after going through cancer in 2012 I made up my mind I was gonna enjoy myself and I just find chickens so calming and funny they make me smile even when I feel like crying.
Sharla
Mom to 2 two legged kids Amber 23 and Patrick 22 and 12 kitties, Dusty age 15, Dot age 13, Sneakers 11, Boots 11, Sky 11, BB 11, Buttons 9,Poppy 8, Simon 8, Tunia 4, Buddy 3, Skeeter 4 months.
7 Chickens Gussy, Gerttie, Lucy, Endora, Pearl, Phobe and Fiona.
5 betta fish and one Gerbil!

frow.gif
Hi Sharla, very nice to meet you- you have to really busy tending to so many chickens and cats. Do they get along ? You may want to meet even more chickeners in your area, If so, go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum. Then you can locate and post on your state thread. Welcome to Backyard chickens, glad you joined the flock.

Welcome to BYC, Sharla. Glad you decided to join our flock. I've raised Orpingtons for years and they are wonderful birds. My children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets of ours. Raising chickens is a great experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! Enjoy this wonderful adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I will be checking out some of the threads and ask lots of questions!
Thanks for letting me join the flock!

Back
Top Bottom