New here new to chickens

angprice522

Hatching
Apr 12, 2021
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I just got six chicks for the first time today.
I don’t remember what breed they are. Golden some thing. It’s all they had left at our local tractor supply store.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I do not know yet.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I have teenagers, I’m a fitness instruction instructor of Zumba and HITT classes. I have a full-time job and run. I read and enjoy self improvement themes. I look forward to being able to learn to meditate eventually!! I like yoga but am not good about being consistent.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Cats and three outdoor cats, I hope the outdoor cats don’t get the chicks in class problems. I’m a case manager for the intellectually disabled in Indiana. I live in Warsaw Indiana .

we recently got rid of guinea pigs because they were a lot of work for very little reward so we are hoping to find more success with chickens. Everyone tells me they’re so easy! We have lived in this home for eight years and this is the first time we have actually had chickens in our chicken house… We’ve always just used it as storage. We live on a farm that we don’t actually farm.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally j.

Lady told me about it at the tractor supply store and saw it on Facebook when I searched and there are a few people that I know that must actually be on here.

I have been fortunate that even the feral cats that wander around my property have shown no interest in my chickens, ducks or --the much more formidable -- geese. Hope your cats have that same level of disinterest.

You sound like one very busy person! Meditation would probably be great for you.

I think chickens can be as labor intensive as you want them to be. Healthy chickens don't require too much time or effort -- unless you want them to!

If there aren't people here that you already know, rest assured, it's easy to make friends on BYC. And those people will be generous, smart folks who will cheer your successes and help you overcome obstacles.

Welcome to the group and best wishes with your new flock!

Back
Top Bottom