New here saying hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by biddybarn, Oct 9, 2014.

1. biddybarn

biddybarn Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2014
    South Carolina
    My wife purchased some chicks back in May (first time chicken owners). This has been one of our "go to" sites for guidance, we just wanted to say hi, and thanks for all of the information.

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG]

Glad you joined us.

3. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
    Hi and welcome from the Poconos! [​IMG] What breeds of chickens did you get?

4. fawkestheman

fawkestheman Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! I joined recently and its an awesome family! I hope you enjoy! Any questions you have concerning chickens, ask away here!

1 person likes this.
  5. biddybarn

Oct 9, 2014
    South Carolina
    We have a 13 total; A Barred Rock rooster, a Black Australorp, a Dominique, a Speckled Sussex, a Delaware, a Columbian Wyandotte, a Silver Cuckoo Marans, two Silver Laced Wyandottes, two Buff Orpingtons, and two Easter Eggers.

The Marans laid her first egg today (a double yolker) at 19 weeks old!

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have some wonderful breeds; hardy, docile, and good layers. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds including those on your list), and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter made lap pets of ours), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Our Speckled Sussex and Buff Orpingtons were also very friendly and gentle, and my children turned them into lap pets as well. I love the chocolate eggs of the Cuckoo Marans (congratulations on her first egg) and our Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorites. She loves their colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

7. biddybarn

Oct 9, 2014
    South Carolina
    I understand it could be a while for the Easter Eggers to lay,...they are my favorites.

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    My EEs typically begin laying from 20-24 weeks.

9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Congratulations on that first egg! :ya and a double even, that is one hard working pullet!

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sounds like she is an over achiever. Congrats on her egg, the first of many more to come.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by