New here saying hi

biddybarn

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 9, 2014
South Carolina
My wife purchased some chicks back in May (first time chicken owners). This has been one of our "go to" sites for guidance, we just wanted to say hi, and thanks for all of the information.

welcome-byc.gif

Glad you joined us.

We have a 13 total; A Barred Rock rooster, a Black Australorp, a Dominique, a Speckled Sussex, a Delaware, a Columbian Wyandotte, a Silver Cuckoo Marans, two Silver Laced Wyandottes, two Buff Orpingtons, and two Easter Eggers.

The Marans laid her first egg today (a double yolker) at 19 weeks old!

We have a 13 total; A Barred Rock rooster, a Black Australorp, a Dominique, a Speckled Sussex, a Delaware, a Columbian Wyandotte, a Silver Cuckoo Marans, two Silver Laced Wyandottes, two Buff Orpingtons, and two Easter Eggers.

The Marans laid her first egg today (a double yolker) at 19 weeks old!
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have some wonderful breeds; hardy, docile, and good layers. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds including those on your list), and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter made lap pets of ours), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Our Speckled Sussex and Buff Orpingtons were also very friendly and gentle, and my children turned them into lap pets as well. I love the chocolate eggs of the Cuckoo Marans (congratulations on her first egg) and our Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorites. She loves their colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Congratulations on that first egg! :ya and a double even, that is one hard working pullet!

Back
Top Bottom