New here, sorta!

desertdarlene

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 4, 2010
San Diego
I've been a member for a few days and have been hanging out in the duck forum. I didn't see this section.

I live in an apartment and don't own poultry (I have allergies, too), but I do spend a lot of time photographing and writing about ducks and, more recently, geese. I've gotten to know a lot of the ones at two lakes I go to very well. I am really into killdeer also, which is why I started hanging around the lakes to begin with. My blog, listed in my signature line, is killdeer-focused. I only live a few miles from each lake and can visit every day at any time if I want.

I found out about BYC because I was always researching ducks, especially ducklings, and I kept landing on this site in my search results. I even saw posts relating to killdeer chicks. I thought, well, I am always reading the posts, why not ask questions directly and comment on all the duckling photos, so I joined. So far, I've learned a lot and it's been fun the last few days.

My other hobbies, other than birdwatching, writing and photography is artwork. I usually do desert themed artwork, but I may do some duckling paintings, too, after I finish a killdeer painting. It seems strange doing a lot of photography and art around water birds when my name is Desertdarlene, ha ha.

I don't have any pets right now, I used to own a lot of cats and I used to ride horses when I was really young. I was thinking of getting a pet bird such as a cockatiel or a love bird, but am worried about my allergies and costs, so I haven't gotten one, yet.

welcome-byc.gif
from Indiana

Back
Top Bottom