New here & worried about my eggs

Ya I don’t see any brand on this so maybe that is the case. I’ve attached a photo so maybe you might know more
I don't know what it is. That is a bad sign. Brinsea incubators have a good reputation. They have scratch & dent sales on their website. A reliable incubator is an investment, but it saves little lives.
For the time being, you may want to just buy friends for your baby chick. Get pullets, not straight run, if possible so you don't end up with too many roosters.

Thank you, yes I definitely will get some buddies for this little one. I candled the eggs again but I’m not experienced enough to know what I’m seeing. I’ve attached the photos if anybody can help

Attachments

• IMG_0201.png
    IMG_0201.png
    911.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0200.png
    IMG_0200.png
    938.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0199.png
    IMG_0199.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0198.png
    IMG_0198.png
    904 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0197.png
    IMG_0197.png
    1,003.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0196.png
    IMG_0196.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
And yes I keep seeing Brinsea popping up all over the place from the thousand google searches I’ve done on all this. I can’t get a digital reading on the humidity either as it doesn’t display that on this incubator.

It was basically a package thing like they do in some schools where all the equipment was provided, eggs, incubator, heat plate, brooder, feed, feed and water containers but it hasn’t been very successful unfortunately. Kids are so disappointed as am I.

They all look like they developed. Can you see any movement at all?
I usually sniff mine too. Once they die they start to smell after a few days.
Ya I had removed any that were definitely quitters back along and I thought these looked good at lockdown. I can’t see any movement but struggling to see in really. Thought I saw something slightly move in one but I’m doubting myself. I think I’ll go another day or two, just hope there are no explosions. I don’t know what happened to these little guys 😔

Ya I had removed any that were definitely quitters back along and I thought these looked good at lockdown. I can’t see any movement but struggling to see in really. Thought I saw something slightly move in one but I’m doubting myself. I think I’ll go another day or two, just hope there are no explosions. I don’t know what happened to these little guys 😔
I'm sorry. It sure hurts to lose them late in the incubating process.

Just to update, I turned off the incubator today, day 25. Eggs had no movement and one had a horrific smell. I opened the eggs up carefully from the air cell side just in case, and all chicks were gone to heaven ☹️ 6 were well developed, had their baby downy feathers, some dark colours, some light. None had pipped the inner membrane and the yolks had not been absorbed. Membranes were not dried out, I just don’t know what happened. So sad seeing perfect little chicks gone with no apparent reason. Incubator seemed to have done its job but we didn’t make the final hurdle.

Gonna count ourselves lucky we have our one little chick. We only did this because we had planned on getting chickens (totally new to us!) and I thought it would be even better if we hatched them ourselves. At least we had the experience with one precious little baby and I’m collecting 3 more tomorrow from the breeder. Cannot wait!!!! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom