New here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChickenFeather, Nov 16, 2008.

1. ChickenFeather

ChickenFeather New Egg

Nov 16, 2008
    Hi! You can call me Chicken, or Feather, or just ChickenFeather.
    I actually don't have any pet chickens, but I think they are such awesome animals. I'd love to have a chicken when I get older, but I bet I could convince my mom sooner or later when we move. (Who knows how long that will be!) For now I will satisfy my chicken needs by roaming the boards here.

But to give a little more information on myself...
    I live in the United States (Texas), and I am in middle school. I have eleven cats, two dogs, four rats, and several fish. I have had lizards, birds, and various bugs. I want just about any animal there is, but a more rational want are some chickens and probably two goats. [​IMG]

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

3. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Heyy!! Glad to have you with us!! [​IMG]

4. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    [​IMG]

5. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    [​IMG] WELCOME [​IMG]

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

There are lots of other young people on these boards, so don't feel like you're alone being young and wanting some chickens. You ought to spend a while in the BYC chat room; at this time of night, many of the other middle and high school-aged kids usually hang out there. [​IMG]

7. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    Welcome!

Your grammar and use of punctuation are exceptional for a middle schooler. If I could only get my two boys to write like that... I had to help the oldest today with an essay on a college application. He's a smart kid, but reading that essay you'd think English was a second language for him...

8. ChickenFeather

ChickenFeather New Egg

Nov 16, 2008
    Thanks for all the welcomes, guys!

Mac in Abilene - Thank you! [​IMG] I'm a bit of a grammar nerd; I can't stand to not write things out properly. That's why I have a phone with a full keyboard. [​IMG]

9. Wine-dotte

Wine-dotte Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2008
    Marlborough, New Zealand
    Welcome! [​IMG] I grew up on a farm and was collecting eggs from the time I could walk! I got my first broody(well pinched her off my Gran actually [​IMG] ) and bought my first eggs with my pocket money when I was 8 [​IMG] You can never have too many animals or be too young for chickens!

10. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    lol... welcome,

I am sure your mum would let you develop your dreams one day, and you already have a lot of pets, maybe you can show her from this site that you would be a producing food for the family with chickens and goats.

Good luck to you.

Jena. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by