1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dragonfly1113, Dec 16, 2008.

1. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Egg

Dec 16, 2008
    KY
    Hello,
    I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I have had chickens in the past. I have finally made it to the country and am planning on buying some chicks in a few months. The breeds I had in the past were Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rocks and White Rocks. Then another time I had a bunch of banties. This time I am trying to learn about some other breeds so i can make up my mind on which breed or breeds I will get.
    Susie

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

1/2 the fun of chickens is getting new exciting breeds

3. setter4

setter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]
    Have fun picking your new breeds!

4. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Welcome to BYC

5. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] I had chickens 25 years ago and just got back into it. I had never heard of sex-links. I think the Black Stars are gogeous! And their laying record is very, very Good! [​IMG]

6. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations on your move to the country and getting chickens again. Have fun deciding what you want!

Welcome to BYC!

7. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Welcome! Have fun deciding. [​IMG]

8. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

At the Agway store near our home they have assorted chicks in the spring. We are able to choose as many of each breed as we want. This past Spring the must have had 10 - 12 different breeds.

Needless to say I have 11 chooks - 8 different breeds. Looks like an American flock to me! [​IMG]

9. Dandelion007

Dandelion007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by