New here

eva5

In the Brooder
Feb 10, 2017
Hi, I'm new year enjoy reading alot of these posts. I own 2 Nigerian wethers, 13 chickens and 2 ducks along with 7 dogs. Ya I stay busy!!!
I'm in NC, I also just a a Pygmy male, thinking about breeding him to a few Nigerians which I'll be getting them at 8 weeks old. I do like the pygmy Nigerian crosses I've seen but my male is ,6 months old and only come to my knees is he going to be able to breed the Nigerians. For they are a little bigger when full grown. Yes I know I know I have to keep them separated till at least a year old but will he be able to do the job????
Thanks for any input here.
Eva5

welcome-byc.gif

Great to have you join us!

Gary from Idyllwild Ca here

Must. Finish. Coop.

Hi Eva5 and welcome to BYC. I'm sure peeps on the "other pets and livestock" forum will be able to answer your questions.

Best wishes
CT

Nice to meet you Eva. Assuming your little roo is interested, you can make a breeding stand if the female is too short or she needs to be haltered/tied or a breeding platform ramp to elevate the male.

Where there is the will, there is always a way!

G’Day from down under eva5
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends

Back
Top Bottom