New here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dstonestreet, May 21, 2017.

1. dstonestreet

dstonestreet Just Hatched

May 21, 2017
    Hey guys my wife convinced myself and our youngest son to build her [and us] a chicken pen here in Saucier Ms. So far in the first two weeks we have bought two red stars and five easter eggers three of which aren't old enough to lay eggs yet but should be later this year. We absolutely love them. I've even built a bench next to the pen that we can move as we move them around the yard, lots of entertainment expected. Looking forward to meeting everyone and gaining knowledge as we go. Cheers all.

biophiliac and The Angry Hen like this.
  2. KikisGirls

KikisGirls BYC Fan Premium Member Project Manager

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    :welcome
    Sitting out and watching the "girls" (what we refer to them at our house) is a family favorite past time!

I notice you are using chicken wire...
    Chicken wire will do a good job keeping your chickens "in" but will not do well for keeping predators out.

3. CABINHOLLOWNC

CABINHOLLOWNC Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2017
    Western North Carolina
    :welcome This is a fantastic forum with a lot of knowledgeable people who are more than willing to share their vast knowledge!! :thumbsup

KikisGirls likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    We call that "Chicken tv," no reruns, live entertainment, no cable or satellite bills, what's not to like??

dstonestreet and CABINHOLLOWNC like this.
  5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us and congrats on your new flock.

CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by