New here

Rakeswood1

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2018
Bedford, VA
Hey y'all! I was using my Googlefu to look up more info on Calico Princess Chickens and came across this group. So why not? I asked myself, us crazy chicken ladies need support too! I live on a small farm with my husband, our dog Rayne, chickens galore, ducks, goats, turkeys, rabbits, turtles, cats and Sulcata Tortoise, Toto. Never in my life would I have imagined I would get to be mom to so many wonderful critters. Although my family is from a small farming community that doesn't even show up on a map, I grew up in the city. Had one dog for awhile, then my parents had to give away because of barking complaints from neighbors.... So yeah, kind of crazy I'm where I am now. My husband grew up farming with his great grandparents and grandparents. He has kept ducks and geese his whole life, so when we met 11+ years ago I became mom to them and well the bug bit me... and when it bites, it takes you over. Soon we had a coop full of chickens, then goats and so on. We had been sticking to Barred Rocks and Rhode Island Reds. Last year we finally added some Bantams (we ended up with Silver Duckwings) and Easter Eggers. This year we decided to branch out more and we now have Lavender Orpingtons, Golden Laced Wydonettes and Calico Princesses. I really look forward to learning more about different breeds and communing with my people!

Hey y'all! I was using my Googlefu to look up more info on Calico Princess Chickens and came across this group. So why not? I asked myself, us crazy chicken ladies need support too! I live on a small farm with my husband, our dog Rayne, chickens galore, ducks, goats, turkeys, rabbits, turtles, cats and Sulcata Tortoise, Toto. Never in my life would I have imagined I would get to be mom to so many wonderful critters. Although my family is from a small farming community that doesn't even show up on a map, I grew up in the city. Had one dog for awhile, then my parents had to give away because of barking complaints from neighbors.... So yeah, kind of crazy I'm where I am now. My husband grew up farming with his great grandparents and grandparents. He has kept ducks and geese his whole life, so when we met 11+ years ago I became mom to them and well the bug bit me... and when it bites, it takes you over. Soon we had a coop full of chickens, then goats and so on. We had been sticking to Barred Rocks and Rhode Island Reds. Last year we finally added some Bantams (we ended up with Silver Duckwings) and Easter Eggers. This year we decided to branch out more and we now have Lavender Orpingtons, Golden Laced Wydonettes and Calico Princesses. I really look forward to learning more about different breeds and communing with my people!
Welcome to BYC, aka New Zoo Review, where you'll find scads of like-minded folks who are fun & slam full of useful information, and not only chicken-related. We're glad you found us. Enjoy.

advanced chicken math.jpg

It is the chickens fault! They are Gateway animals for the addiction....

Welcome to backyard chickens!

G’Day from down under Rakeswood1 :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom