New here

zztigger6

Hatching
Mar 21, 2018
Hi
I have two straight run chickens, one hen a batam and unknown rooster who may become dinner soon be is very aggressive to Ben and people. My grandsons won them as chicks. I am wanting to replace rooster with a couple more hens of small stature. Any suggestions? We have had these two since Oct 2017. We have a coop that holds 6.
We live in a small town. I found yall with amazon app.

Welcome aboard to BYC family gr8 people tons of information loads of fun enjoy shake your tail feathers
58aff217829958a978a4a6d2.png

G’Day from down under zztigger6 :frow Welcome!

I adore my bantam Cochins [or Pekins, depending on from where you hail]; they are such sweethearts but are very prone to going broody frequently ;)

With regards to your rooster, BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out. This one may be helpful:
Topic/Question of the Week: Aggressive Roosters - What is the best way to handle them?

If you do want to rehome him, your State Thread as Pork Pie suggested is a good place to try or, after you have made the required 20 posts to qualify for participation, you could try on the BYC Buy, Sell, Trade Forum.

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom