New here!

Oleaster

Chirping
Oct 21, 2018
New England
Hi, I'm Olea, and new to BYC!

I've had chickens for a while now and currently have 18 chickens. I believe the breeds include Barred Rocks, an Easter Egger, Australorps, Black Stars, a Cuckoo Maran, Speckled Sussex, Silver Laced Wyandottes, a Buff Orpington, Leghorns, and a nasty old Red Sex-link -_-
I used to have a Silkie rooster but he sadly passed from some sort of respiratory disease, maybe lung cancer?
However, just yesterday I got an 8-week old Easter Egger cockerel named Snowy! He is an absolute sweetheart and loves a good head massage lol. Picking him up in the first place can be a bit... interesting but he calms down quickly.
Besides chickens, I also have a passion for bonsai! This winter I am planning on planting many types of tree seeds to grow them into some nice material.

I'm excited to meet new people and join the community!

Hi & :welcome Olea!

Great that you could join us all here! Nice breeds you have there. Sorry to hear about your silkie that you lost. Good luck with Snowy! I had a polish roo also called Snowy.

I like bonsai too. I have just one, goodness knows how it’s still alive as house plants tend to die on me! Good luck with your planting over the winter.

Enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Back
Top Bottom