New here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Laker Chicks, May 19, 2019.

1. Laker Chicks

Laker Chicks In the Brooder

May 19, 2019
    Hello! I am new to raising chickens, had them growing up as a kid and remember how fun they were. Finally talked my husband into letting me build a small coop and obtain no more than 10 egg layers. I don't have any chickens yet, I want to educate myself and be fully prepared before I do!
    I'm excited for fresh eggs and I love animals so I'm excited to add some new friends to our family. We have 2 teen daughters who are also excited! We live on a country lake but we don't have a big yard so hopefully I don't become addicted to chickens!

I found BYC through a search engine as I was looking for answers to my many new chicken mama questions!!

2. Hi! Welcome! I saw your name and wondered if you were a basketball fan. I moved from so cal to Oregon. Go Blazers!

I am crazy about chickens but have managed to focus a bit and even gave up three!

3. Peachychicken1

Peachychicken1 Chirping

May 19, 2019
    Comer,Georgia
    Hi! Welcome...I'm new too..thought I'd say hello!

4. Laker Chicks

May 19, 2019
    I'm not really a basketball fan but we live on a lake :) couldn't think of a more clever name at this hour!!

5. Laker Chicks

May 19, 2019
    Hello to you, too! We can learn together!!

6. i was kind of kidding. I'm not a fan either although i figure i need to express some loyalty to my new home. ;)

7. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! Good luck with your future flock!

8. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the preceding link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

9. Celticdragonfly

Celticdragonfly Songster

May 17, 2018
    Saginaw, TX
    Welcome! This is a great place to educate yourself. I joined just a year ago, when backyard chickens became legal in my town, and have been reading and studying and only now have my first chicks.

10. Shadrach

Shadrach Roosterist

Jul 31, 2018
    Catalonia, Spain
    My Coop
    Hello Laker Chicks.
    Welcome to BYC.
    Nothing can prepare you for the true horror of chickens.;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: