New Here

25chickens

Songster
Nov 19, 2019
NW New Jersey
That’s encouraging. I have at least two very young cockerels right now. I really want them to get along, even if I have to keep them in a bachelor pad. I don’t want to cull any more cockerels. I really love them.
They have a few spats once in a while. Once one of the cockerels establishes himself as alpha, the lower cockerel doesn't challenge the alpha. This usually and hopefully happens during chick hood. Enjoy your cockerels

HomesteaderWife

Crowing
Apr 24, 2015
Alabama
Well hello, @25chickens (what an appropriate name!) :welcome

So glad after doing your research that you decided to join! You've sure got a mix of chickens (and other birds!) Photos are always welcome- people love to share their chicken photos here. Considering you're still newer to chicken ownership/caretaking, just know folks here are extremely smart and experienced and happy to answer any questions you may have!

welcomeimage.png

cmom

Hilltop Farm
Nov 18, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
I hatch out a lot of chicks every year and have a lot of males. When they start agravating the females I put them in bachelor coops and pens. They do work out a pecking order and once in awhile pick on one certain male but for the most part get along as long as there is no females in the mix. I do eventually sell the males I'm not going to use as breeders.
2014-11-11 09.59.28.jpg