New here!

MagnusT

In the Brooder
Aug 8, 2020
Hey all! Newbie here (obviously lol). My name is Magnus, I'm 33 and I live in the UK countryside! Here's my intro using the template:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Sort of. New to keeping my own, although we have helped with our neighbour's from time to time when they are away.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

12! 6 of them are 1 week old, 4 are 4 weeks old, and 2 are 7 weeks old (the 4 and 7 weeks are currently together outside)

(3) What breeds do you have?

We aren't entirely sure about the 7 and 4 weeks old as we think they're mixes of some sort (we hatched these ourselves from eggs that our neighbour gave us - but they look like barred rock mixes, and light sussex mix). The 1 week olds we have 2 bluebells, 2 french marans and 2 blacktails.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Their personalities. Watching them grow. I just love chickens tbh.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Reading, soap making, photography.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I live with my partner and our small human. We have a few big fishtanks with cichlids, and a long hair ginger cat.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you join?

I found you via google, and you looked like a friendly community!

Hello and welcome! It's easy to become so hyper focused on the chickens that you feel like you drive your friends funny with your chatter! It's also easy to get other people fascinated and interested in chickens because 99% people don't realize there's that many breeds, they are so beautiful and they have as many different personalities as humans! Actually sort of scary sometime how near their personalities compare with humans!

This is the right place! (We are all bonkers)
-BYC-sign-flash.gif

Back
Top Bottom