New here!

Hey all! Newbie here (obviously lol). My name is Magnus, I'm 33 and I live in the UK countryside! Here's my intro using the template:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Sort of. New to keeping my own, although we have helped with our neighbour's from time to time when they are away.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

12! 6 of them are 1 week old, 4 are 4 weeks old, and 2 are 7 weeks old (the 4 and 7 weeks are currently together outside)

(3) What breeds do you have?

We aren't entirely sure about the 7 and 4 weeks old as we think they're mixes of some sort (we hatched these ourselves from eggs that our neighbour gave us - but they look like barred rock mixes, and light sussex mix). The 1 week olds we have 2 bluebells, 2 french marans and 2 blacktails.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Their personalities. Watching them grow. I just love chickens tbh.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Reading, soap making, photography.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I live with my partner and our small human. We have a few big fishtanks with cichlids, and a long hair ginger cat.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you join?

I found you via google, and you looked like a friendly community!

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Thank you! It's actually been a really warm welcome, and people have been super kind on my other posts. I had meant to join like... back when we were incubating our now 7 week old roos, but bad experiences with forums before had me a tad anxious (about 10+ yrs ago I used to use forums for exotics, and you could never seem to ask anything without someone jumping down your throat because apparently people are expected to be experts from the get go ...). So thank you all for the warm welcomes and kindness 💙

Back
Top Bottom