New Here :)

lolobearleo

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2023
Hi everyone! New on here :) I have 10 hens and 1 rooster! New chicken mom with lots of questions. Excited to get more involved in the community.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?: Yes! We got our chicks at the end of August so still new to this :).

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?: 10 Hens and 1 rooster!
(3) What breeds do you have?: 4 Plymouth barred rocks, 1 Rhode Island Red, 3 buff orpingtons, and 3 dark Brahma’s one of which is our rooster.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?: at first I was just excited for eggs but god I love their personalities!!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?: I teach/own a yoga studio, I like to hike, read, spend time with my husband and good friends, and the occasional traveling and video game :).

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.: Pretty much my hobbies! I also have a black one eyed cat named Bagheera that I love to death :).

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D: My friend Sara Beth!

solara.gif

Eggs are the reason many people get chickens, but as you have learned, chicken personalities are a major bonus!

You've started with some great breeds, and I love that your dear cat is named after a panther.

Welcome to BYC, and congrats on having Sara Beth as a good -- and obviously wise -- friend!

Back
Top Bottom