New here!

UnlabeledMama

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 9, 2012
Western North Carolina
Hi! I am located in Western NC and am a proud homeschooling mom to 2 children with our 3rd on the way - and as of last month a proud chicken owner!

We split an order of 50 chicks from Murray McMurray Hatchery with a couple other families and ended up with 22 of their brown egg layers mix. They are a month old now and I've been trying to sort out the breeds. I am pretty sure we have 6 Black Stars, 5 Barred Rocks, 4 Buff Orpingtons, 3 Rhode Island Reds, 3 Dark Cornish and one mystery exotic breed! They quickly outgrew their refrigerator box brooder and we transported them to their new 10x10 coop this weekend even thought it's not quite done. We put up temporary roosts from tree branches and we still need to put siding on the outside and put the run up, but they are much happier already!

This is what we have so far:

And some of our girls!

Oh so cute!

WELCOME TO BYC
wee.gif

So glad you are going to be part of a wonderful family of chicken lovers!

Love the coop, you birds look wonderful!

See you around1

MB

Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad to have you aboard. Nice looking birds. Is that the mystery chick the one that has the white on it? Does it have green legs? If so possibly an EE. :thumbsup

Hi and :welcome

Your coop looks awesome! Good luck with getting that done. They do look happy in there. :lol:

I hope you find any info you need here, and enjoy the site. :D

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Very nice coop and cute chickens too!

Back
Top Bottom