New here!

gingermommy

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 13, 2013
Wichita, Kansas
Hello! I'm so excited to finally be in the cool people club! After almost two years of talking about and planning for backyard chickens, being delayed twice by a difficult pregnancy that started rough last spring and then spending 5weeks on bedrest last fall. We are happy to have our second daughter who was born in November and we are over the super hard early newborn stage and enjoying the ability to add chickens to our fun and busy lives! Our friend gave us 4 laying Hens to get us started and we picked up 13 baby chicks about a month ago. (5 of which will be moving to a friend's home when they get their coop built.) We live on a half acre in the middle of the city, so our girls have a lot of room to roam about. I don't know the breeds of any of our chickens! The babies are still a bit young to tell for sure and the hens are three different black breeds. Maybe I'll figure it out eventually!? Anyway, I'm so glad to be here and I'm looking forward to all the information I will learn from this site!

By "girls" I was talking chickens but I suppose our children are included in that. The baby chicks seem to think my two year old is their mommy and they follow her around when she is in the yard with them.

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom