new house and run

SteveandJayneO

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 10, 2009
Harpers Ferry Wv
this is our new coop, really a 4x6 playhouse with a 2x4 porch. great roosting tops that can't bee seen. they go in and out like it is always been theirs. The run is 13x11 with cattle fencing and 4x4's as posts. fencing goes into ground but ground is rocky to add a layer of protection from digging predators. Also a line of sakrete below earth to help out just in case. Coop has three nesting boxes and deep litter control in it. They have started laying about 2 weeks ago and we have got about 14 egtgs so far. They are smaller than regular store bought eggs. I believe egg production will be increased when I install lighting in Coop.
What you all think?
Steve
wink.png

http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn51/SteveandJayne/chickens/

Last edited:
Good job! Nice chickens, beautiful eggs!!! Love the run/coop right next to the house. The eggs should increase in size after some time. I don't know if adding light is going to speed that up. Adding light to have approx 14 hrs 'daylight' should help with egg laying during the wintermonths....
smile.png

Fldiver, I'm lucky that the side of the house faces east and that the side gets more light then the rest. I think I'm gonna wait till the days really shorten until I do some electrical work in it. Heck I see wire all day I dont want to see it when I get home!

Back
Top Bottom