new in georgia

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by chasot, Jul 16, 2008.

1. chasot

chasot Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2008
    georgia
    Hi I am new to the site and new to the whole chicken thing(well raising and egg laying)
    I've been eating both for 40 yrs.

I have jumped in and have ordered 8 rhode island red hens on the way now. I think I have the right box,heat light, food etc. to get by the next few weeks.

I have an old portable construction office I want to convert to the hen house. I have ZERO
    ideas on how! and slightly better than avg. carpentry skills.

Anyway would like to say Hi and I hope I'm in the right area of the site.

Chas

2. adeters2

adeters2 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2007
    Mocksville, NC
    Well, I get to be the first to welcome you... WELCOME!!! You will find many individuals here to help in every manner possible. There are a lot of well educated people here. I personally have learned a lot from this wonderful group of fellow chicken-holics...lol Good luck with your new hobby, pasttime, obsession...lol (in my case...obsession...lol)

3. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Hey Chas Hi from just over the boarder in Florida. We started with a few RIR's too now too many to count 100 or more lol Good luck We are currently building another coop as well check out the coop building section you will get some good ideas. Just remember here in the south to ventilate that coop

4. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    [​IMG] ! I am in fayetteville hope you enjoy this forum!

5. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    Welcome, Im in Acworth Ga. You will love the folks here they are all so nice with so many great ideas.
    Good Luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by