New in MO with Button Quail

s_and_ke

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
I wasn't really sure if I would be ok here so I ran a search for topics with info about button quail. I got a lot of stuff, but not really what I needed to know so I joined up. I currently have a pair of Button Quail. I hope to add more buttons and some Cortunix quail (?) and maybe bobwhite. Not sure on the last one as I hear they can be pretty loud. My little buttons are so sweet and the male is actually fairly quiet. Much more quiet than the zebra finch and Doves we had in the past. I have a white male and a dark brown female. They come from lines that also are known to produce silvers, pearls and another color I can not remember. I look forward to learning and sharing and hope it is ok that I am here.

Kathy

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
, So glad you decided to join. You are very welcome here. There is a thread on here about quails so be sure you check it out. Hopefully someday we can talk you into some chickens, they are great.
jumpy.gif
D.gif

I used to have 2 button quails they are cute but mine passed away.
hit.gif

I fully intend to have chickens one day but first have to get where I can have them. Button quail are not counted as farm animals here but chickens are and they are sadly not allowed in town. Thank you for the welcome!

Wow, Truman Lake area? You aren't far from me I am in Clinton! So nice to know there are feather folks so close by. I mean I know there are people with chickens and stuff, but so far noone that wanted to talk to me. I'm a transplant not a native. Sad that not being born somewhere makes you an instant outcast. I feel so welcome here though! Thank you all
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom