New in Naperville, Illinois

kdudero

Hatching
6 Years
May 20, 2013
Hello all - I have been dreaming of owning exotic chickens for years! Right now, my hubby is a scientist at Fermilab and we're living in a 2 bedroom apartment with our two children: Benjamin (6 years old) and Genevieve (4 years old). In the next year, I imagine we'll be buying a place of our own. One of our requirements will be that we can own chickens. In Naperville, I undestand the limit is 8. That's OK. 3 will be fine for us.

I would LOVE to connect with others in Naperville who already own chickens. How can I do that? It's a bustling, busy, upscale suburb of Chicago, so I suspect neighbors aren't keen on the concept. I want to talk about this issue with someone who has already dealt with it!

Please contact me,
Many thanks,
Kathy Dudero

Welcome to BYC!!!
frow.gif
Glad to have you aboard!!
highfive.gif

welcome-byc.gif
If possible I would put a privacy fence around the area that will have the coop and chickens. The less neighbors notice the better. I don't think I would announce having chickens because there is always a "grouch " living nearby to make things unpleasant. Does Naperville require a certain amount of acreage to allow chickens?

Back
Top Bottom