New in western ny

jillyNkids

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 12, 2014
Wny
Hello :)
I started my flock this year, the girls have been outside for 3 days so far. Very excited about this!
I'm overly excited about this. Way more than I should be... I think I might not have friends besides the chickens bc everyone is going to think I'm a weird chicken lady lol

I'm 27, with 3 kids. 3,5, and newborn :)
Now I added 9 (was ten, sad face, I lost one)

Rejoice, you have found sanctuary at BackYardChickens, if you are weird then you sure do have a lot of company on here. So let's just keep it mum, our little secret.

images

Welcome to BYC!

We are all off our rockers about chickens here on BYC! So you are not alone. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask. So make yourself at home here and welcome to our flock!

Hi everyone! :) so glad to know there are lots of crazy chicken lovers lol
I am so new, I didn't know how old my chicks were(neither did the tractor supply associate) and looking at pics on here I'm guessing about 3 weeks?

Is this too early for them to be outside? They love it, and to be honest, so do I!

Last edited:
Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Nothing buy poultry lovers around here! Chicks can be outside at three weeks, they will like the field trip. Depending on the weather, just keep an eye on them and if they are moving around and doing things fine, if they start huddling like they are cold bring them back in.

Thank you! I don't know what got into me. I wanted to turn eggs in an incubator for my daughter, but it turned into getting an 8x10 chicken coop and 9 starter chicks lol

Back
Top Bottom