New incubator set to day 21??

StepfordCuckoos

Songster
Mar 20, 2019
Hi, I got the pictured incubator and just turned it on to get it ready for the eggs that should be arriving tomorrow. The day is set to 21. I'm not sure why or how to change it. Does anyone have this model that could help me?
Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 9.39.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 9.39.51 PM.png

Hold mode to go into setting. Then tap it to cycle to days and use up and down to set.

Edit: after holding for a bit the temp will flash. Then tap mode and days will flash then adjust and tap mode when done.

I use the deluxe circulated air model which has same panel and controls

Edit again: totally didn't see the response linking the manual lol. I assume you already got your answer haha

Last edited:
Hold mode to go into setting. Then tap it to cycle to days and use up and down to set.

Edit: after holding for a bit the temp will flash. Then tap mode and days will flash then adjust and tap mode when done.

I use the deluxe circulated air model which has same panel and controls

Edit again: totally didn't see the response linking the manual lol. I assume you already got your answer haha
Thank you!! Not sure if this is a question you would know the answer to but do you know if I set the day count to 0 when i put the eggs in? I saw a youtube video where someone put them in and it was set at 21 (the same as mine was when I turned it on). Not sure if it counts backwards or what.

Put the day count to 21 days for chicken eggs, 18 days for quail. The Farm Innovator will count down.
I personally set my counter 2 days shy of goal 19 for chickens, 16 for quail... to remind me to remove the auto turner.

Thank you!! Not sure if this is a question you would know the answer to but do you know if I set the day count to 0 when i put the eggs in? I saw a youtube video where someone put them in and it was set at 21 (the same as mine was when I turned it on). Not sure if it counts backwards or what.
What are you incubating? I set mine to 17 for coturnix quail, and then it counts down to 0 for hatch day. So whatever you are incubating, set it to the days till hatch so like previous mentions, 21..17..etc. then let it count down.

Last edited:
It won't show what day they're on. It show's how many days till hatch day are left. 21, 20, 19, 18, 17, etc.

I currently am not hatching quail, but when I was, they were the Japanese Coturnix Quail, and took about 18 days to incubate.
I'm waiting for the feed situation to improve here in Panama, before I raise quail again. The feed stores sell chicken feed (even that was unavailable for about 6 weeks and my chickens were suffering with corn, cooked rice, and foraging on my half-acre while I fed their food out to my quail. Game bird feed or quail feed has not been available for the past many months and when asked when they anticipate having it again, I'm told "After Covid". I attempted to correct the balance of amino acids and protein of the chicken feed to accommodate my quail, but was unsuccessful. It was evident that my attempts were failing by their lack of weight gain, poor eggshell quality, exceptionally low egg count or internal laying that would ultimately lead to death. For the birds that weren't sick, I sent them to freezer camp. For those that were showing signs of illness, I humanely put them out of their misery.

As people suggested I got a hydrometer and put it inside the incubator. There is a definite different between what the incubator is saying (left) and what the hydrometer (right) is saying. I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions on how to tweak it so I can get the best hatch possible? I don't want to make it too hot but also know if the temp is too low things won't work out.
Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 10.14.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 10.14.52 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom