New item my husband made out of metal for Redhen and she got it! Now I can post it.....Yay!

arabianequine

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 4, 2010
He just finished tonight. His cousin wants "Man Up" stuff for his man cave. So he made this for him to hang on his wall. He has a black Cadillac that he has had forever now. It is a surprise....his cousin does not know what he is making. We will take it over to him tomorrow. I think it turned out real nice and he had all the stuff to do it with. I did convince my husband to fix the marks on the bottom of the gold there.

53126_car.jpg

53126_car1.jpg

Last edited:
His cousin has a 66 caddy so this is the one my husband used and he just left off the ducks. We don't know why they put ducks on there and we like it better with no ducks.

53126_athumb_uc_4533_w500_cadillac_emblem_1966.jpg

Nice. I would like to have one. What's it made of?

Now for a quick history bit: "where's the ducks?"

"Cadillac" derives it name from an actual family, and the design
from the family crest. Detroit was a French settlement, and named
for it's founding family, Cadillac.

The ducks are actually merlettes if I recall correctly. A bird. Groups of
three, representing the trinty.

I have owned many fine Cadillacs through the years. My favorite was
the 69 Coupe De'Ville.

The ducks are actually merlettes, which is a mythical song bird, usually depicted as having no beak or feet. The merlettes were put on the Cadillac (car) crest because they were part the coat of arms of Antoine de laMothe Cadillac; French explorer who founded the city of Detroit in 1701. Cadillac (the explorer) used one set of three merlettes on his coat of arms to signify his nobility on both his father's side and mother's side; "Two in chief and one in base." The birds are also set in trios to represent the holy trinity.​

Interesting on the ducks seems kinda odd to have on the emblem to me.

His cousin likes caddys that is why he made this for him. My husband likes Mopars. He has a tatoo of a Mopar emblem that he designed. Maybe someday he will make something along those lines. I hear his next project will be a frog for his mom to put in her garden.

Back
Top Bottom