New Jersey - Set the Date!!

big_smile.png
Hey guys - sorry to be out of touch - trouble with my internet. Yes - we are still on for Saturday, 12 to 5 pm, (or so). Please bring a little food to share, bring a chicken or two to show off, and a wrapped "Chicken Gift" for a gift exchange - limit $15. This is optional. If you have birds to sell, bring them, too. Please tell anyone you know who has chickens - the more the merrier. I'll have burgers and dogs and drinks. I'm vegetarian, so I'll have the veg alternatives, too. Signs will be up, but here are the directions: Parkway to Exit 114. From South - right at exit, from North, left, then cross over the Parkway. Make first right onto Dwight road, then a quick left onto Red Hill Rd. A few twists and turns later, make your second right onto Bamm Hollow Rd. Tall Tree is your third left. Here's my phone if you get lost: 732-861-1130 See you on Saturday!! - Mary

So how did it go guys? I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it! I got a last minute call to babysit and couldn't turn it down because I really need the money!

I was thinking about you guys all day though!

I'm sorry I'd missed out on this yesterday but I had all these things popping up at the last moment here & that would be mostly people.... LOL I had been looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing someone else's coop etc. I hope you've all come back maybe with pictures and such. I want to hear all about it.

Well, had a delightful time with the five who came - would love to see them again! Jill came from an hour away! Gushed about our girls (and boys) and shared stories. Thanks to all for the food and for coming. Gift exchange was fun. We were all disappointed with the people who said they were coming and did not show up. I don't know how to get better confirmation from folks. I spent alot of money for stuff, so that was hard. The last time I hosted, I had twenty people! Appreciate those who let me know they could not come. Don't mind hosting - I have a great set-up and I'm close to the parkway, but I may pass on next year.

Thank you Mary for a great party. You did a really nice job. I had such a good time meeting other chicken people. And there was no one there to look at us weird for talking about our chickens all afternoon. I took some great ideas from seeing your coop. The next day I lowered my roost to about the same height as yours. Thanks for all the great tips. Talk to you soon.
Jill

Back
Top Bottom