New Jersey

Pics
Well hello Froggie and Mommahen! Happy to meet you! Shamong is a beautiful area just south of me, on the edge of the pines, and very close to Medford lakes, where I have always dreamed of owning a log cabin on a lake. Hunterdon is also a beautiful county that still has plenty of open space and a wonderful rural feel that you lose as you go east and northeast. Where in Hunterdon are you? What kinds of chickens do y'all have?

Wooo! Glad to see new members from NJ!

I'm in North Jersey right now, but I'll be heading back down to south jersey in about two weeks for school.

We should try to do another gathering this summer. I've yet to meet so many of you! Including Bill who live so close to where I go to school.

Hi All!
frow.gif
I'm from South Jersey not too far from Atlantic City(about 20 mins). We just got started with our first batch of day old baby chicks back in June last year! It has been ALOT of fun and learning as we go! We have a mixed backyard flock of cochins(bantams& standard size frizzle and smooth), we also have four large Buff Orpington Girls that have been faithful layers now since Dec!!! We're going to be hatching out some "Olive Eggers" & Black Copper Marans from adamsonacres.com this spring!!! We hope to have some baby cochins of all shapes sizes and colors this spring/summer! If anyone wants hatching eggs please let me know! I think we'll be swimming in eggs soon enough!(lol) I'm currently looking for a few speckled sussex hens to add to our flock as well...if you know of any PLEASE let me know!
fl.gif
Blessings,Keri

Hey Keri welcome to the crew. I'm originally SOUTH Jersey too. My husband a midwesterner didn't realize we had so much farmland, trees and beaches. He thought all of NJ was Newark, Camden or CherryHill. I didn't do Atlantic City much. My family went to Ocean City or Avalon. Avalon being sooooooo quiet. I'm in NC now

Hi everyone, I'm in Mansfield Twp. Warren Cty with my first bunch of chicks. Got them as day olds last March 26th. Wanted to have chickens for a long time but never realized they could be so much fun & give me so much joy!!
wee.gif

Anybody on here from the Western part of Camden County - Cherry Hill? I'm thinking about getting chickens this spring and wanted to see who else in the neighborhood has them already. (I'll be ordering chicks unless someone locally has some for sale.) DH will build the coop/run, adn we think we will have 6-8 pullets on our half acre. Not free range though - too many hawks, etc.

HI!!!! I thought i was only chicken owner in NJ! Glad theres more!! I in Sparta, In Sussex County!!!!!!
frow.gif
frow.gif
frow.gif
frow.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
frow.gif
frow.gif
bow.gif
thumbsup.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! We are planning on getting some chickens in the spring - and I know there are other people with chickens in Cherry Hill because when I called the township office to ask about permits, etc they (misunderstood and) told me if I wanted to make a complaint (!) about chickens that it wouldn't matter because chickens are legal in our town. Pretty funny. Apparently a lot of people in Cherry Hill keep chickens - but I have no idea who they are, where they buy their feed, etc. I am hoping someone from this area can clue me in. Most of the "farm" stores that used to be around here have closed since it is primarily suburban now.... Does anyone have any favorite places for supplies?

Quote:
We live in Burlington County. Lots of feed store around here. A bit of a haul for you though I bet. We have friends that live in Moorestown and they have a farm. They have a feed store that delivers out there on Thursdays. That could be an option for you. finding someone that delivers that is.

Back
Top Bottom