New Jersey

Went to Kirby's yesterday. What a beautiful ride down there. Went through little quaint towns like Vincentown. Came home with 3 Cayugas and one from the assorted tufted bin. Any thoughts on what it is? First time with duckies. We're. so excited.

Last edited:
It's 11:30 p.m. and pouring rain. I walked out to my shed which is next to my coop and 2 of my chickens were out of the coop,perched on top of it just now(at night) in the pouring rain.No clue why and they've never done it before to my knowledge... Anyone ever have chickens decide to go out for a night in the rain before?I'm wondering if they just felt like it was a good night for a shower?LOL
They have food and water and no signs of predator etc. I locked up the girls now.Guess I gotta start doing that again at night.

Occasionally I've had chickens get stuck outside just as the rain starts and they seem to rather bunker down somewhere than make a dash for it!

awesome duckies
droolin.gif

On a side note...still no clue why the girls decided to stay out in the pouring rain.They are all good and pecking n scratching and doing what the girls normally do...but that was definitely a new experience for me.

As a vet who I no longer use said to me. Why are you here? It's just a chicken.
he.gif
I don't think mine are spoiled enough. I just got back from tucking them in.
When I went to tractor supply the other day to pick up the meds for the girls, the guy that was "helping" me said " you know the chicks are just cheaper to replace then treat".
I quickly asked to speak to someone else. On the plus side the girls still seem to be going strong, no one seems worse. I will take that as a good sign and hopefully they are on the mend.

Those ducklings are super cute!!!

As a vet who I no longer use said to me. Why are you here? It's just a chicken.:he I don't think mine are spoiled enough. I just got back from tucking them in.

When I went to tractor supply the other day to pick up the meds for the girls, the guy that was "helping" me said " you know the chicks are just cheaper to replace then treat". 
I quickly asked to speak to someone else. On the plus side the girls still seem to be going strong, no one seems worse. I will take that as a good sign and hopefully they are on the mend.

Those ducklings are super cute!!!

Glad to hear they are no worse.

Back
Top Bottom