New Jersey

I'm so upset this morning. I'm devastated! My favorite chicken was taken by a Fox last night. It broke through the pen and and into the coop. It had 20 others to choose from and it took my little D'uccle rooster. I just can't believe it. He's the little guy in my avatar. That's him at about 5 months. I sure will miss him. : (

That's a shame. I'm so sorry.

I'm so upset this morning. I'm devastated! My favorite chicken was taken by a Fox last night. It broke through the pen and and into the coop. It had 20 others to choose from and it took my little D'uccle rooster. I just can't believe it. He's the little guy in my avatar. That's him at about 5 months. I sure will miss him. : (

Oh I'm so so sorry. I bet he put up one fight for his girls.

Thank you all so much Their biggest complant is flies and THEY say there is a smell the coop backs up to another neighbors house less than 20feet and she said there is no smell at all.She is going to join the fight! These people have lived behind me for 6 years and now there is a smell
hmm.png
Any idea how to cut down on flies? I was told that deluted listerine works good on smells and so does apple cider vinegar My coop does meet the township set back from their property.
he.gif

I've had virtually no problem with flies ever since I started using DE everywhere - in their food, in the nest boxes, on the roosts, in the run. I spread it like it's going out of style.

Thank you all so much  Their biggest complant is flies and THEY say there is a smell the coop backs up to another neighbors house less than 20feet and she said there is no smell at all.She is going to join the fight! These people have lived behind me for 6 years and now there is a smell:/   Any idea how to cut down on flies? I was told that deluted listerine works good on smells and so does apple cider vinegar My coop does meet the township set back from their property.  :he

I've had virtually no problem with flies ever since I started using DE everywhere - in their food, in the nest boxes, on the roosts, in the run.  I spread it like it's going out of style. 

I second the DE. When I spread it around in the goose house I will see not many at all. You want to use something that you can spread it lightly and wide. I still haven't found the perfect thing yet. They sell big bags of it at tractor supply and I think agway. Try that and get the fly bags.

I'm soo sorry it's hard when you lose a favorite

Anybody interested in a free Dominique or Black Sex Link rooster? I'm not equipped to keep roosters right now, this is my first year keeping chickens. They're both about 15 weeks old. The Dom is McMurray stock and seems good for breeding purposes. The BSL is like a pet, very friendly and talkative, follows me around, etc. PM if you're interested, thanks.

Mark
coltivi.blogspot.com

Loss of my D'Uccle. Thank you for your condolences. Yesterday I spent the evening making sure all the coops are better secured. I put new doors on them. This should be more secure. Gonna keep updating so this doesn't happen again. Been here for 1 1/2 years with my birds and had no problems with the fox until just this week. Thought I was good. Guess not. Hopefully this will keep them out.

Back
Top Bottom