New Jersey

Mama,

I do agree with the post about craigslist. We actually got our first six hens from a woman in franklin that advertised on Craigslist. I also just picked up 2 hens from Schaefer farms in flemington nj. They had a nice selection and prices were more than reasonable. Give them a call and ask for Renee. she handles all the chick sales and actually procures them locally from local farms.

I wanted to order my hens from a hatchery, but at the end of the day you end up paying more in shipping costs than you do for the chicks.

Good luck !

It looks like everyone who had reserved chicks has backed out so I do have more available than I thought. All are straight run (except for the Rhodebars).
I have 5 Marans - one is lavender and the others are black/lav splits. The group is $40. They're 2 weeks old now.
2 EE/Orloffs crosses - $5 each
Three Rhodebars - 2 pullets (one 2 weeks old, one just hatched on Friday) - $15 each. I also have a two week old cockerel that could go with them.
I could part with a few Swedish Flower Hens, those would be $10 each.

Thanks, everyone. We have our twin's birthday the day of the Sussex show. We're not looking to brood, and want started pullets. Just checked McMurray and their shipping is way more than the cost of the chickens. The Agway is about 5 minutes from me. I'll check them out. I also found Jersey Chickens in Jackson. Any reviews of them?

Only thing I can say about Jersey chickens he has decent chicks but he is more expensive then some of the other local breeders. Just would not recommend buying a coop from him. He makes a good sales pitch but doesn't come through. I have two of his coops. Both have serious issues. Were not completed as discussed and leak like crazy. And I was told they would be done in two weeks and they took 3 months.

Thanks, everyone. We have our twin's birthday the day of the Sussex show. We're not looking to brood, and want started pullets. Just checked McMurray and their shipping is way more than the cost of the chickens. The Agway is about 5 minutes from me. I'll check them out. I also found Jersey Chickens in Jackson. Any reviews of them?

Only thing I can say about Jersey chickens he has decent chicks but he is more expensive then some of the other local breeders. Just would not recommend buying a coop from him. He makes a good sales pitch but doesn't come through. I have two of his coops. Both have serious issues. Were not completed as discussed and leak like crazy. And I was told they would be done in two weeks and they took 3 months.

X10 lol.

Hi guys I know I haven't been around in a long time but there have been health issues. I really need help. I'm moving and can't take my flock. I've managed to find homes for half the flock but I can't find anyone to take the 2 ducks and the goose. They are a bonded group The goose is a seebie and will be 4 at the end of the month. I got her when she was 4hrs. old so she is very sweet. The ducks are Muscovies. The drake just turned 1 and the hen is 4. I can try to post pics if anyone can help. I am going to try to take 6 hens with me. They need to be gone by the end of the month. This is really taking a toll on me. I did call Popcorn Park Zoo in Lacey but so far no response. Please send e-mail to [email protected] I will be happy to bring them to you..
Please help
Thanks
Ginny
hit.gif

Hi guys I know I haven't been around in a long time but there have been health issues. I really need help. I'm moving and can't take my flock. I've managed to find homes for half the flock but I can't find anyone to take the 2 ducks and the goose. They are a bonded group The goose is a seebie and will be 4 at the end of the month. I got her when she was 4hrs. old so she is very sweet. The ducks are Muscovies. The drake just turned 1 and the hen is 4. I can try to post pics if anyone can help. I am going to try to take 6 hens with me. They need to be gone by the end of the month. This is really taking a toll on me. I did call Popcorn Park Zoo in Lacey but so far no response. Please send e-mail to [email protected] I will be happy to bring them to you..
Please help
Thanks
Ginny
hit.gif
I am so sad to hear that you have to give up your flock. I wish I could help you out by giving them a home.... I have no idea what the needs of geese and ducks are and I don't have appropriate housing for them at the moment. I am sure someone will be able to help though.
hugs.gif

Hi guys I know I haven't been around in a long time but there have been health issues.  I really need help. I'm moving and can't take my flock. I've managed to find homes for half the flock but I can't find anyone to take the 2 ducks and the goose. They are a bonded group The goose is a seebie and will be 4 at the end of the month.  I got her when she was 4hrs. old so she is very sweet. The ducks are Muscovies. The drake just turned 1 and the hen is 4.  I can try to post pics if anyone can help. I am going to try to take 6 hens with me.  They need to be gone by the end of the month. This is really taking a toll on me. I did call Popcorn Park Zoo in Lacey but so far no response.  Please send e-mail to [email protected]  I will be happy to bring them to you..
Please help
Thanks
Ginny:hit
I don't suppose I could simply take the goose of your hands? And I'll check later, but one of my drakes was to aggressive and I got in contact with a family who had a pond and they took him. I'll look for their information later tonight if you're interested

Sooo glad I read this!! Was days away from ordering a coop from them. Glad to know I didnt waste my $$
Thanks!! I <3 this group!

Back
Top Bottom