New Jersey

Pics
Hi all,
Hope you don't mind me poppiing in to ask a question. I did a search for Broody's Bordello and this link popped up because someone mentioned the breeder.
I can't seem to locate a website or anything else. Is Broody's Bordello here on BYC.
Does anyone have a website or email address for Broody's Bordello ?

Thanks Much

Hi Down here in the raining jersey shore (Manahawkin) I have a S.L. Wyandotte pullet about 4-5 weeks and a black cohin same age (roo) I think and 1 small black ? bantam who need loving homes
received as extras. Anyone want? Let me know

Quote:
Sorry - I tried to find her contact info on some old exhibitor lists, but no luck. I know her first name is April, and she's either in Delaware or Maryland. Try the silkie thread. Good luck!

Hi,

Happy to find a chicken keepers' group for NJ. Just signed up to the group. As suggested by the Moderator, I am writting a
self-introduction.

I am from Somerset County with a small setup (7 birds). It started as a
compromise to cats or dogs as pets the kids wanted. Wife was not in favor. Two
years ago, we all agreed to try it and now, everyone can not imagine without the
birds.

We made it a goal to use re-cycle material as much as possible because the kids
were learning about conservations in school, and to keep our cost down.

We started collecting material and researching info on keeping chickens. That was
when we discovered the "hidden world" of backyard chickens.

Since re-cyled and left-over material usually do not come in full sizes nor the
sizes we needed. It was a challenge to see what we had on hand and design a
coop accordingly. It took almost a year and actually turned out to be fun.

Just as we finished the coop, a friend decided to relocate and needed an
adoptive home for his small flock.

Now we have gone through 4 seasons with our flock but still learning.

Quote:
Good for you! I can't imagine being without my birds, either! And I started just the same way - my now-ex wouldn't let me have a dog, but he said I could have chickens. I'm so glad he did! Make sure you come up to visit our show in Sussex next month!

Is there life with out birds? When my life gets crazy and it does daily watching the hens do their thing from the window sure does work. My mom gets mad when she call and says what are you doing and I say watching my girls. They are GREAT

BIG WELCOME
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
We have tried that in the past. I put posters up all over the place, posted here, and even made an announcement on the "horn" that we were meeting up at a certain spot. Got there - no one showed, although later, everyone was like - I was there all day, didn't see anyone. Someone else wants to take on a meet-up, go for it. My experience with meets at shows is that people are usually too busy networking all day, and either forget, or can't leave the conversation they're in.

But, I will post here the day before and let you know what I'll be wearing at the show - that usually works.

Back
Top Bottom