New Jersey

Hi does anyone know where I can purchase a chicken coop in northern NJ for 6 chickens ish? Looking for it to be easy to put together or already assembled. Used or new is fine. Thank you

Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but here's my advice and what I've done. First off I agree with Cryss, most of those pre-fab coops are way too small and will be poorly insulated for the winter. What I did was actually order a custom coop from the Amish. There's a various coop companies online and they'll deliver them to you, totally set up. I'll warn you they are fairly expensive, but the quality is no joke. They're well insulated, spacious, and you can even get them on wheels. In addition to the coop, my dad built a run for the birds. Building a run is fairly easy and you can guarantee a lot of space for your birds, and even put a roof on the run (to prevent predators like hawks from flying in and keep rain out). You can also make sure you bury the wire under the dirt so predators can't dig underneath. You definitely don't have to do what I did, but I highly recommend you avoid most of the pre fab coops from the pet store and see if you can find a company or person that will build you one that's slightly larger and higher quality. I'm not from North Jersey, but maybe someone here can help you out.

Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but here's my advice and what I've done. First off I agree with Cryss, most of those pre-fab coops are way too small and will be poorly insulated for the winter. What I did was actually order a custom coop from the Amish. There's a various coop companies online and they'll deliver them to you, totally set up. I'll warn you they are fairly expensive, but the quality is no joke. They're well insulated, spacious, and you can even get them on wheels. In addition to the coop, my dad built a run for the birds. Building a run is fairly easy and you can guarantee a lot of space for your birds, and even put a roof on the run (to prevent predators like hawks from flying in and keep rain out). You can also make sure you bury the wire under the dirt so predators can't dig underneath. You definitely don't have to do what I did, but I highly recommend you avoid most of the pre fab coops from the pet store and see if you can find a company or person that will build you one that's slightly larger and higher quality. I'm not from North Jersey, but maybe someone here can help you out.
I totally agree with you. I am originally from Northern NJ, but now live in central NJ....I did exactly what you have described. Knock on wood, no significant predator problems due to my setup...
20190326_131427.jpg
20190326_131427.jpg
20190326_131343.jpg

The coop for my partridges was a store bought coop and here in NJ we have the chicken man who does what he calls China coop rehab... he put my coop up on wood, insulated the roof, added stairs and reinforced it with wood and just made it a much nicer coop. Might be worth it just buy a nicer coop !

We are here just as spectators. It’s so great to see the different breeds in person! Noisiest show I’ve ever been to. There are at least 20 roosters crowing at any one minute!

I believe mine was made by the Amish. I ordered it through a mill yard. They sell all types of sheds. I just picked out my options from a caralof. Five weeks later they delivered my coop with surgical precision. They were quite happy to put it EXACTLY where I wanted it.
What mill yard? I would like to have a coop built and placed on my property if possible!

Back
Top Bottom