New Jersey

I tried this place just now to see about buff and blue orpingtons the guy isn’t very nice over the phone.
The first time I spoke with him. He was very busy. (in the spring) I've been to see him twice & he is very nice. One of my chicks turned out to be a cockerel & without hesitation he said bring him back & I'll give you a refund.
Also, his website is accurate. If it's not listed there he doesn't have any at present.

Well, to be fair, it is kind of late. The lady at Red Valley Ranch was just a little bit short with me when I called last week, because I accidently called after hours.
I’ve tried him before with no answer. Completely forgot this place existed until above commented said. He was pleasant until i asked him his pricing on just 2 chicks (not like i was asking the pricing on every single one) and he told me to look at it on a computer, to which i replied i couldn't at the moment bc i’m on vaca and didn’t have access, which in my opinion the website should be phone accessible. And he replied to “going to read a book bye”.

I’ve tried him before with no answer. Completely forgot this place existed until above commented said. He was pleasant until i asked him his pricing on just 2 chicks (not like i was asking the pricing on every single one) and he told me to look at it on a computer, to which i replied i couldn't at the moment bc i’m on vaca and didn’t have access, which in my opinion the website should be phone accessible. And he replied to “going to read a book bye”.
Oh boy. . .

Oh boy. . .
I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not🤣 i also was just interested in the 2 and he said that 2 chickens is not enough for a healthy flock…. to which i replied i have 2 chickens already and looking to expand my flock… and i shouldn’t get chicks with 2 different birthdates… not that i don’t disagree but.

Do you have to make an appointment to pick up chicks, or can you just walk in and look at what they have?
I believe he prefers it. I let him know both times when I was coming. He responds very well to texts. I also, texted him the breed & hatch date I wanted. Back in the spring he had some breeds with 3 hatch dates. So, I listed they ones I wanted with the same or close hatch dates. He is very nice in person. IMHO

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not🤣 i also was just interested in the 2 and he said that 2 chickens is not enough for a healthy flock…. to which i replied i have 2 chickens already and looking to expand my flock… and i shouldn’t get chicks with 2 different birthdates… not that i don’t disagree but.
I know he recommends getting at minimum 2, but preferably more.

I believe he prefers it. I let him know both times when I was coming. He responds very well to texts. I also, texted him the breed & hatch date I wanted. Back in the spring he had some breeds with 3 hatch dates. So, I listed they ones I wanted with the same or close hatch dates. He is very nice in person. IMHO

Were the chicks you got from him friendly? I usually prefer buying chicks less than a week old, so I can handle them.

Prolly for more money… 😂
No, I don't believe so. He really is looking out for the chickens. He really does love them.
When I brought back my young cockerel 💔 I was going to get another one. Then decided on two. But, when I went on his site, I saw he had some that I wanted initially, but he didn't have at the time. So, I got another 4 while I was there .... haha 😄
He told me it'll be much better for the new ones (4) to integrate into my existing flock. And he was absolutely, correct.
The new 4 have bonded very well & look out for each other. I did segregate them for well over a month & it's all good.

Back
Top Bottom