New Jersey

Were the chicks you got from him friendly? I usually prefer buying chicks less than a week old, so I can handle them.
Yes, they are all lovely. I have a very cohesive group of girls. And they are all gorgeous & very healthy... Thank God!!

Jess, my young cockerel is on my pg. He is going to be gorgeous & I'm still bumming I couldn't keep him. He is a Green Queen EE.

Last edited:
Were the chicks you got from him friendly? I usually prefer buying chicks less than a week old, so I can handle them.
If I wasn't happy with my chickies & my experience, I wouldn't have recommended them.
Good Luck & if you do go to see him. Let me know how you make out.

If I wasn't happy with my chickies & my experience, I wouldn't have recommended them.
Good Luck & if you do go to see him. Let me know how you make out.
I don't think I would go back there again. The people were nice, but I wasn't impressed with how they kept their chickens. It was very cramped.
I was told there were only 5 Jersey Giants, but there were 6/7 similar looking black chickens in the cage she started pulling the Giants from. She pulled out one and was about to put it in the box when I noticed that it's feet were pink, not yellow like the others. She swapped it with a different one, but now I am wondering if these are actual Jersey Giants and why they were mixed with similar looking chickens.
I picked up 2 younger Polish that seem friendly enough after settling in, but the Giants are still absolutely terrified. I will see if they calm down a bit more tomorrow.
I am starting to find it kind of sad that my local TSC treats their chicks better than most of the actual farms/breeders around here.

I don't think I would go back there again. The people were nice, but I wasn't impressed with how they kept their chickens. It was very cramped.
I was told there were only 5 Jersey Giants, but there were 6/7 similar looking black chickens in the cage she started pulling the Giants from. She pulled out one and was about to put it in the box when I noticed that it's feet were pink, not yellow like the others. She swapped it with a different one, but now I am wondering if these are actual Jersey Giants and why they were mixed with similar looking chickens.
I picked up 2 younger Polish that seem friendly enough after settling in, but the Giants are still absolutely terrified. I will see if they calm down a bit more tomorrow.
I am starting to find it kind of sad that my local TSC treats their chicks better than most of the actual farms/breeders around here.
Dang that really stinks 😔 I kinda had a feeling that they weren’t good just by how that man was texting me. Im sorry. I agree with you though, i think TSC treats their chicks a lot better

Dang that really stinks 😔 I kinda had a feeling that they weren’t good just by how that man was texting me. Im sorry. I agree with you though, i think TSC treats their chicks a lot better
When I was on the phone with Brad, he mentioned they have like 300 chickens. So naturally, I was expecting this massive chicken coop, or lots of big/medium sized coops. Instead, the first thing you see once you get past the farm stand is this small shed, and behind that is this massive empty field with 3 doll house sized coops packed to the brim with chickens. The shed turned out to be where they kept the chicks, in little tanks that were barely 8 inches high. The tank that had my Giants was stuffed so full, with 2/3 month old chicks, that they were forcing their heads out through gaps in the doors.

When I was on the phone with Brad, he mentioned they have like 300 chickens. So naturally, I was expecting this massive chicken coop, or lots of big/medium sized coops. Instead, the first thing you see once you get past the farm stand is this small shed, and behind that is this massive empty field with 3 doll house sized coops packed to the brim with chickens. The shed turned out to be where they kept the chicks, in little tanks that were barely 8 inches high. The tank that had my Giants was stuffed so full, with 2/3 month old chicks, that they were forcing their heads out through gaps in the doors.
Red Valley Ranch wasn't exactly saintly either, but they weren't anywhere near that bad.

Oh wow, really? She? That's too bad.
I only worked with Brad & found him much nicer in person.
His wife Beth runs the little store out front. I met her the second time when I brought back my Roo. Only b/c I went into the store to buy honey.

The first time I went. I listed the chicks I wanted from the website. When I got there to pick them up. I saw some chicks that I originally wanted, but there weren't listed on the site. I mentioned it to him & he said they are sold. He sells them & grows them out for people as well. So, that may have been the same situation.
Did you happen to get the women's name that you were working with?

In little tanks? I didn't see any tanks. In the spring he had the baby chicks in a shed filled with cages on shelves. Similar to what you see in the bird department of a pet store. And it was very well heated. The second time I got some older chicks from prefab coop & run set ups outside. Housing the chicks by age. But it was July, so it was warm enough for the young ones to be outside full time. He took my young Roo to a huge barn. I don't remember seeing tanks.

Sorry you didn't have a pleasant experience. I don't know, maybe I got lucky.

Back
Top Bottom