New Jersey

Here's some pics i took today of my little flock. They're soooooo cute!!!!
Lorrainne is huge! She only has a few purple feathers left on her back :)

This should make you smile njchix. Don't they look great? They're three best friends :)

Check out the cheeks on Zazzles!

They look so cute together and they look great. Zazzles has some monster cheeks there, lol. Lorraine looks so white still, is she getting any lacing? The pictures from where I got her from look so nice. (Taylor Hobby Farms) I don't know too much about the genetics and colors but I didn't think she wouldn't have any. That's disappointing.

Well we had to skip the ice skating till next weekend, had issues with wanting to bring friends. I'm getting 8-10 eggs a day. And two green ones just about every day too. Can't wait to see the color of the Ameraucanas eggs. They are 20wks tomorrow. Can't wait till you get the first egg from them.

So far Lorrainne is pretty much all white. I think she'll stay that way. She's gorgeous either way. I can't wait for eggs from them. Should be within the next month i hope!

He calls them ameraucanas and the two I got from him laid pinkish-brown eggs.
OH no, Now I am even more confused, I was hoping to have blue or green eggs.
sad.png
I am also a little confused is a EE a mixed breed that carries the blue egg gene, and Ameraucana have to meet specific criteria to be a "true" Ameraucana?

They look so cute together and they look great. Zazzles has some monster cheeks there, lol. Lorraine looks so white still, is she getting any lacing?  The pictures from where I got her from look so nice. (Taylor Hobby Farms) I don't know too much about the genetics and colors but I didn't think she wouldn't have any. That's disappointing.  

Well we had to skip the ice skating till next weekend, had issues with wanting to bring friends. I'm getting 8-10 eggs a day. And two green ones just about every day too. Can't wait to see the color of the Ameraucanas eggs. They are 20wks tomorrow.  Can't wait till you get the first egg from them. 

Her cheeks are rediculous! And she and mrs. Pickles are so sweet. I adore them. Who gives you the green eggs?

OH no, Now I am even more confused, I was hoping to have blue or green eggs.
sad.png
I am also a little confused is a EE a mixed breed that carries the blue egg gene, and Ameraucana have to meet specific criteria to be a "true" Ameraucana?

Her cheeks are rediculous! And she and mrs. Pickles are so sweet. I adore them. Who gives you the green eggs?

My two EE, Pearl and Lily. Pearls is green like pale olive-y and Lily's egg is a little more blue.

Getting an Easter egger (EE) is a gamble on egg color. They are a mix (mutt) chicken with one parent, such an an Ameraucana, for the blue egg gene. The pea comb trait is linked to a colored egg also but still not a guarantee. A true ameraucana will always lay a blue egg and also conform to the APA standards for the breed. They also only come in eight recognized colors. Just because it lays a blue egg doesn't mean it's an ameraucana and that is where the confusion come in when people buy these birds. EE lay beautiful eggs but it is a gamble. Don't worry if your EE doesn't lay colored eggs that's an excuse to find some more
cool.png

Thanks for the clarification on the two, I also found a good article on the website about a colorful basket and that also touched on EE Vs. Ameraucanas. I will just get the two "Ameraucanas" I planned and wait to see what they do, maybe ill luck out.
At the end of the day its not really going tot matter. Plus like you said its just an excuse to get more
wink.png

I guess it just makes me a little frustrated that EE are labeled Ameraucanas when they are not. There isn't anything wrong with EE,but when you are planning your first flock and this is what you want and paying for and it isn't what you get it is upsetting. OH-WELL! After reading your post and the reading I did last night I think that my Grandmother has EE and they were given to her as Ameraucanas. Three girls one greenish egg, one blue egg, and one creamy pinkish brown daily. They are our ( my sons too) FAVORITE girls of the bunch. Super friendly!!
Thanks again for all the info and Help. Now if I can just get some chicks....
jumpy.gif

AHHH I wanted to go so badly, now I am regretting not going. I placed and on line order a few weeks ago and we are patiently waiting to get the call they are ready. I don't think they have the Ameraucana's yet and thats what is holding up my order. I am also hoping they will let me switch my order a little. I know they are busy but I have emailed and placed a call and have yet to hear anything back. SO I will continue to patiently wait :(

My GrandMom MAY want those Ameraucana roo's, She has been saying that she would like to get one. I will mention them to her and see if she is still interested, if she is knowing her she will take them both. She has 32 acres...what two more roo's or two more anything ;)
If she does take one of the two tell her to take the one with the longer skinnier tail feathers.He was great with the girls and very kind...the other one...not so nice but i think it was because he knew he wasn't the #1 roo so took it out on the girls.

Back
Top Bottom