New Jersey

Ugh so hot today, but I have to say it's better than those frigid days. I sat out in the back watching the girls for about and hour or so. Fed them all some scratch and then started to doze off in the chair. Then the Mosquitos came around, made me itchy and then I thought how this peace will be ruined when those cicadas come out. Yuk! Is anyone seeing them come out of the ground yet?

We have them terrible in our yard. I have holes everywhere, it is super gross! I don't mind hearing them its what comes with a Jersey summer, but seeing them all over is not fun for me. I am always confused by the Cicadas, you hear they only come out every 7-10 years but as far back as I can remember we have always had them here in NJ every summer.

Yes we always have them. I guess this year is the mother load of all varieties. Yuk yuk. I freaked out over a fly stuck in my hair I can't imagine a big crunchy flying cicada. Sorry I know I'm a big baby with bugs.

I haven't seen any yet this year. So gross. I don't like anything that flies at my face and hair. I'm a girly girl. I walked into one of those enormous spider webs last year that come out at night. I screamed so loud the neighbors came running out. When the guy was trying to find out what happened I just stood there crying waving my arms around. Then I thought I felt something scramble under my shirt. I had my shirt off before you could blink. My husband still teases me saying my shirt came off quicker than his dates after the prom. He just stood there laughing at me while I cried. it was funny looking back now.

Shadow we all know you have exotic taste, lol. It sounds like the jungle here sometimes- bugs, birds, tree frogs & spring peepers. Soon cicadas.

Lol! :D. Sounds like a cool backyard. We don't have frogs, but we do have crickets and cicadas. My grandma's yard across town has a lot of pine trees, so her place is teeming with cicadas. I can only imagine how loud they will be this year!

I haven't seen any yet this year. So gross. I don't like anything that flies at my face and hair. I'm a girly girl. I walked into one of those enormous spider webs last year that come out at night. I screamed so loud the neighbors came running out. When the guy was trying to find out what happened I just stood there crying waving my arms around. Then I thought I felt something scramble under my shirt. I had my shirt off before you could blink. My husband still teases me saying my shirt came off quicker than his dates after the prom. He just stood there laughing at me while I cried. it was funny looking back now.

Spider webs are nasty. I like spiders, but I must admit unless it is a tarantula, I don't really like to touch them.

Hello everyone. Monmouth County here. I have 6 chickens that are approx 7 weeks old and I have 7 newer chicks that are about 1 week old.
This is my second flock. I put the older news out in the pen and coop as of Sunday. They do not like the coop at night. I forced them in, but tonight I just. Let them do what they wanted and they are outside the coop in the pen. Do you think eventually they will get the idea on their own? Has anyone ever had chickens that just refuse to go in the coop ever?

I had this problem last year with a hand full of chickens. They roosted on top of my fence instead of going into the coop. They even stayed out there in bad weather. I continued to go out every night for weeks and put them into the coop. They finally got it. I would have left them outside had I not been worried about predators.

HELP!!!!!!!!!! I need to find a home for 6 splash cohins they are show quality I need them gone asap they are 1 week old straight run. My neighbors are fighting the town to make me get rid of my birds I'm not giving up without a fight but I can't add any more right now PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
somad.gif
hit.gif

Ugh my whole post got lost in computer land. I'm sorry to hear this. I can take them if no one else can but I wouldn't be able to keep them. I have hatching chicks now and 30+ 2 & 3 week olds beside the eight in the grow out pen. Let us know.

I am having some sort of respiratory illness go thru the flock! It stinks because at first it was just the one little Serama guy...I got him cured with Tylan and did my best to keep him separated. Then 2 days ago I noticed that at least 2 of my bigger hens are sneezing and sounding congested! Buying stock in Tylan this year I guess! UGH!!

Back
Top Bottom