New Jersey

Oh no you have hatchitis also, lol. Very nice. Feels good to get things done on the list doesn't it?

You bet it does!!! I've had hatchitis for years. Last year I hatched out over 400 chicks and I have some Delawares in lockdown now. I'm thinking of putting some more mixes in because I sold the last of my chicks yesterday. Must. Hatch. More. Chicks!!!

Oh boy! Another bad night. I got home just before 9 tonight, thinking that was enough time to get everyone locked up and safe. Well I was wrong! As I pulled in the driveway I heard the girls screaming. So I ran to the back coop. When I got inside there were feathers everywhere. All the girls were in a complete tizzy. A couple of them were running around outside in the pen. Some were hiding in the corners and in the nesting boxes. It must have been a Fox. I checked them all over good. They had clumps of feathers missing but no real marks. Then I saw my lavender Orpington in the corner of the pen. I ran over and picked her up. She has a big hole in her back and her neck had a huge hole in it. She was acting somewhat normal considering . So I started reading some posts here on our site. I decided I would need to stitch up the neck after reading everything I could read here. She seemed to tolerate it well. Her back I just cleaned up and put a butterfly in one portion. She is resting in the kitchen now. I'm praying she is going to be okay. I should trap them fox and take them for a long ride. Good thing about all of this is they are all still alive at the moment. Five minutes earlier and they would have been safe. What a shame.

Ugh. The chicks were sold out at the store I planned on getting them from before we got there! :barnie

And all of the options I can choose from now (by age of chick and them being sexed) are all in Jackson. We can't drive all the way down their though, it's like 4 hours roundtrip.

If anyone who sees this currently has Ameraucana, Easer Egger, Cherry Egger or Olive Egger chicks less than an hour away from Sparta, PLEASE message me!

OR--

If anyone here would want to combine orders with me! eFowl has free shipping on 15+ Chicks I believe, but I can only have 6.So if there are multiple people who would like to purchase a few for a total of more than 9, or a single person who is looking to buy 9 or more, PLEEEEASE message me on here ;D

Thanks!

Oh boy! Another bad night. I got home just before 9 tonight, thinking that was enough time to get everyone locked up and safe. Well I was wrong! As I pulled in the driveway I heard the girls screaming. So I ran to the back coop. When I got inside there were feathers everywhere. All the girls were in a complete tizzy. A couple of them were running around outside in the pen. Some were hiding in the corners and in the nesting boxes. It must have been a Fox. I checked them all over good. They had clumps of feathers missing but no real marks. Then I saw my lavender Orpington in the corner of the pen. I ran over and picked her up. She has a big hole in her back and her neck had a huge hole in it. She was acting somewhat normal considering . So I started reading some posts here on our site. I decided I would need to stitch up the neck after reading everything I could read here. She seemed to tolerate it well. Her back I just cleaned up and put a butterfly in one portion. She is resting in the kitchen now. I'm praying she is going to be okay. I should trap them fox and take them for a long ride. Good thing about all of this is they are all still alive at the moment. Five minutes earlier and they would have been safe. What a shame.

I hope she pulls through. I have a strange feeling my yard is being watched lately. I have a havaheart trap if you need. I think it should be big enough for a fox.

We live in Cumberland County. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to find homes for chickens in Jersey?

We've got 7 that need homes:

4 hens
-2 EE [1 mth old]
-1 Ameraucana [1 yr old]
-1 Buff Orpington [1yr old]

3 Roosters
- 1 NH Red (1 yr old)
- 2 EE (1 mth old)

Last edited:
We live in Cumberland County. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to find homes for chickens in Jersey? 

We've got 7 that need homes:

4 hens
 -2 EE [1 mth old]
 -1 Ameraucana [1 yr old]
 -1 Buff Orpington [1yr old]

3 Roosters
- 1 NH Red (1 yr old)
- 2 EE (1 mth old)
What Color is the Ameracana and is it Show Quality?

Ugh. The chicks were sold out at the store I planned on getting them from before we got there!
barnie.gif

And all of the options I can choose from now (by age of chick and them being sexed) are all in Jackson. We can't drive all the way down their though, it's like 4 hours roundtrip.

If anyone who sees this currently has Ameraucana, Easer Egger, Cherry Egger or Olive Egger chicks less than an hour away from Sparta, PLEASE message me!

OR--

If anyone here would want to combine orders with me! eFowl has free shipping on 15+ Chicks I believe, but I can only have 6.So if there are multiple people who would like to purchase a few for a total of more than 9, or a single person who is looking to buy 9 or more, PLEEEEASE message me on here ;D

Thanks!

I still have a few chicks left...you never got back to me.
hu.gif

She's a purebred brown red and I'm not sure if she's show quality. I can check her by the ABC standards for you if you're interested.

No it's okay I'm looking for blues and blacks the best way to rehome them is put up fliers at your local feed stores and contact your counties local 4H poultry club

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom