New Jersey

The odd thing is that Beachwood has a pigeon code that is very detailed. So my guess is that it's a town that will change if persuaded.

You have to contact either your Board of Health or your Zoning officer. Don't rely on what you can find on the web.
Hi mame1616... Thanks, but I wasn't going to rely on the net only. It's just that I have gotten conflicting answers from the humans I've spoken with, so I figured the net might be a stepping stone. If I had chickens, I'd probably get a straight answer from them!!! lol I'm sure they're smarter than most humans!!!

The odd thing is that Beachwood has a pigeon code that is very detailed. So my guess is that it's a town that will change if persuaded.
I'm going to do some research on the pros of having chickens and present it to the Borough. I'll go in with ammunition and a smile and hope for the best.

Hello,

I'm a new chicken owner in central/shore area of NJ.

I have 10 chickens (2 white silkies, 1 buff laced polish, 2 Black Copper Marans and 5 EE). At least one is a Roo (but I paid for all girls... grrrrr).

Happy to know there are others in the area with chickens!

Hello,

I have 10 chickens (2 white silkies, 1 buff laced polish, 2 Black Copper Marans and 5 EE). At least one is a Roo (but I paid for all girls... grrrrr).

Welcome to BYC! The jersey bunch is a fun group!

Hello,

Welcome! Where on the shore are you? I'm about five miles inland from Sandy Hook.

Quote:
I'm about 10 miles inland from Belmar/Pt Pleasant area. Just moved to the area from the otherside of the state (was on the Delaware...).

Back
Top Bottom