New Jersey

Pics
I assume it is snowing there now?

A great friend of mine is there but he doesn't use the internet or anything. Just landline. Will find his number again and call to say hi.
If anyone lives close to Mr. Hyde,

Please tell him Tommy from ~ Tommy's Pet Paradise ~ says Hi!

: )

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

- Tommy

Quote:
SNOWING!!!???
gig.gif

I was outside today in a sweatshirt and was... well, sweating!
It was sunny and we had some rain showers, but no snow (yet!).

If thats the case. Awsome! Even all the sun while you can : )

It seems to me like Winter comes later and later each year, thats why its still cold on March when it should have been getting warm by then already...

Im afraid global warming is really taking its course...

- Tommy

Hi,

I'm new here. I have been contemplating this BYC venture for a while. The wife used to have chickens on her roof in a city in Southern Portugal. We are interested just in chickens for laying. We are in the suburbs so space is a major concern (the ordinance, as I have looked at them, do not seem to forbid BYC. But I am sure that code enforcement will "shoot first and ask questions later." So I plan on being very careful and secretive about the whole thing).

I was planning on a starting with maybe 4 barred rocks - just for eggs obviously. I can't imagine ever having too many more due to the size of the property 65x120 total. backyard space is limited, and the St. Bernard currently has the run of the back. No one is behind our property - it's wooded, but we have neighbors to 2 sides, so the quieter the better. Plus, as I am new to this, and I would prefer a docile breed. The barred rocks seem to fit this profile.

I'd be interested in hearing fellow New Jerseyites suggestions for ... well, just about everything on the subject of BYC - from breed to coop construction. I'm a complete newbie, and plan on building the coop this winter and buying some chicks in the spring.

thanks.

Hi Novillero !! I work in Monmouth County but live in Ocean County ! Welcome to BYC
smile.png
My property is only 100 x 100' and have a old smallish shed that I turned into the coop with a nice run attaced. I also have woods behind our property and close neighbors on either side, but their nice and I give them eggs from time to time. Have fun with your Barred Rocks, they are sweet birds.

Wow, lots of people from NJ! A long time ago we had some awesome chickenstocks...haven't had one (at least not in the northern part) in a couple years. I'd love to put something together again!

I'm still in Northern NJ....Warren county to be exact. I'm on the Blairstown Ambulance Squad and live in the next town over. I go to school in South Jersey though....so I guess you could say I'm all over the place!

Tommy, I know Cy...haven't seen him in awhile though. My mom and I were going to head over to his herb farm during the summer but never got to our gardens. Hopefully this spring I'll be able to stop over there. He's a really nice guy, and LOVES showing off his birds!

Quote:
Chickerdoodle13,

You know Mr. Hyde too?

Wow! Cool! I have lost his number, need to get it soon to call and say Happy New Years! Haha.
Anyhow, he does have a really nice herb farm doesn't he? I saw the catalog that he sent me with pictures of his farm. Very Very nice. : )

I am sure its a really nice place so anyone in NJ should visit...
yippiechickie.gif

Hopefully I am able to meet all of such work in person one day
ya.gif

Happy New Years!

- Tommy

Back
Top Bottom