New Jersey

Located in Central NJ (Pennington/Hopewell/Princeton area). Willing to meet if someone's coming from a distance.

Our 4-H club hatched some chickens this summer for fair, and we have a few of the roosters left. They're now 22 weeks old, and a couple are just starting to crow. They are all hatched from eggs from Alchemist Farms, and are pure breeds:
-Welsummer
-French BCM
-Swedish Isbar (aka Silverudd's Blue) - splash and blue. This breed are true green egg layers!

Ideally, someone would be willing to pay a small rehoming fee to our club for some of these guys, but we'd also just be happy to see them find new homes. If it comes to it, we're also willing to have them processed for meat, if anyone knows a place. The Welsummer and BCM are quite large.

Note: pictures are from a few weeks ago. The hackle and saddle feathers are all coming in appropriately colored per breed!

Eggs they hatched from - Column 2 = Swedish/Silverudd's, Column 4 - Welsummer, Column 5 - BCM

IMG-1562.JPG
image_6487327 (3).JPG
image_6487327 (2).JPG
image_6487327 (1).JPG
image_6487327.JPG

With spring around the corner we are looking to mix up our geese for breeding and have a Pomeranian hand raised gander to trade for a dewlap or production type Toulouse female Goose. Also interested in buying a goose as well.

Located in Central NJ (Pennington/Hopewell/Princeton area). Willing to meet if someone's coming from a distance.

Our 4-H club hatched some chickens this summer for fair, and we have a few of the roosters left. They're now 22 weeks old, and a couple are just starting to crow. They are all hatched from eggs from Alchemist Farms, and are pure breeds:
-Welsummer
-French BCM
-Swedish Isbar (aka Silverudd's Blue) - splash and blue. This breed are true green egg layers!

Ideally, someone would be willing to pay a small rehoming fee to our club for some of these guys, but we'd also just be happy to see them find new homes. If it comes to it, we're also willing to have them processed for meat, if anyone knows a place. The Welsummer and BCM are quite large.

Note: pictures are from a few weeks ago. The hackle and saddle feathers are all coming in appropriately colored per breed!

Eggs they hatched from - Column 2 = Swedish/Silverudd's, Column 4 - Welsummer, Column 5 - BCM

View attachment 3367577View attachment 3367578View attachment 3367579View attachment 3367580View attachment 3367581

These guys found new homes.

I have 3 Isbars to rehome; 2 cockerals and 1 pullet, about 2 months old. They are from Greenfire Farms, I wanted some Schijndelaar but didn't want to pay $50 each, so I got the Blue/Green Assortment.
2 Indian Runner drakes; 1 black and 1 buff, about 5 months old.
I also have some Jersey Giant pullets that might actually be Australorps; their feet are not showing any signs of yellowing. These are about 3/4 months old.
The Isbars and Runners are $5 each. The Possibly Not Jerseys are $15 each.

I’m in Northwest New Jersey Warren County.
Fitzroy is 6 months old from a father that is White Frizzle Cochin Bantam X Buff Brahma Bantam and unknown but standard mother. He exhibits the Brahma Bantam physical traits just like his father. He has been a good boy and is generally polite with the ladies, properly dancing and tidbitting for them. However he has decided to take down his father, Henry, as king. Btw did you know King Henry had an illegitimate son that he named Fitzroy? And that Fitzroy means son of the king? See what I did there?🥴😂
If anyone is interested please contact me soon. I really don’t think Fitzroy would make an appetizer let alone a meal! But sometimes ya gotta do what you gotta do 😣

Hi all, I'm in south jersey. New to chicken keeping. I've done countless hours of research but still have a few remaining questions:
1. Coop: if I use course sand in the coop, is there way to make the process so I'm only scooping 3 times a week?
2. Run: can the run be dirt? (It's grass now but I know the hens will eat it up fast) - my husband also mentioned gravel but I've heard mixed things.

We're building the attached henhouse
Henhouse 11.5'w x 9'd x 8.5'h
Coop 11.5'w x 3'd
Integrated enclosed/covered run 11.5'w x 6'd

Attachments

• il_794xN.3720297429_by5p.jpg
    il_794xN.3720297429_by5p.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 1
  • il_794xN.1130412833_nt0i.jpg
    il_794xN.1130412833_nt0i.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 1
  • il_794xN.3672693814_d2hu.jpg
    il_794xN.3672693814_d2hu.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 1
  • il_794xN.3672693794_8fri.jpg
    il_794xN.3672693794_8fri.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 2
  • il_794xN.1083823032_6lft.jpg
    il_794xN.1083823032_6lft.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 1
Hi all, I'm in south jersey. New to chicken keeping. I've done countless hours of research but still have a few remaining questions:
1. Coop: if I use course sand in the coop, is there way to make the process so I'm only scooping 3 times a week?
2. Run: can the run be dirt? (It's grass now but I know the hens will eat it up fast) - my husband also mentioned gravel but I've heard mixed things.

We're building the attached henhouse
Henhouse 11.5'w x 9'd x 8.5'h
Coop 11.5'w x 3'd
Integrated enclosed/covered run 11.5'w x 6'd
Welcome to BYC!
You will hear lots of views. Personally I would not use gravel in the run as it may hurt their feet and they will scratch through to the dirt anyway.
In my roofed runs I tip in leaves that I heap up in the Fall. It is free. They love scratching through and finding the bugs. They do break down pretty fast and can get dusty so I tip more leaves on top. Sometimes I water the run down with a hose (and sometimes the wind blows in the snow or rain). Adding a bit of moisture helps with the dust and attracts worms and gets you some lovely compost for the garden.
My coop has a dirt floor and I don’t scoop so I can’t advise on that part.
Good luck with your flock and enjoy the BYC community.

Back
Top Bottom