New Jersey

Pics
Quote:
Where in Red bank? I just moved from River Plaza after 17 years there! I'm only in Middletown now. Be careful if you're in RB proper - I don't think they allow chickens. I'm of Scottish descent, so I love a good Pipe and Drum Band!

We did it the way you are, and we were never sorry to take the extra time to check for drafts and make it really predator-proof.

33yardbirds, yes, I am experiencing that indecision regarding exactly what breed to get. I'm leaning toward Australorpes at the moment.

mame1616 We are on the West Side, near the Lincroft border. From what I've read up to 12 fowl of any type are ok as long as they are cooped and not closer than 40" from other buildings.

Thanks for the support.

I didn't originally want Australorpes but that's what they had at the Agway when we went last May (09) I couldn't be happier with them. We have four and one R.I. Red. They are pretty calm and friendly, great layers, great foragers, just all aound perfect for the back yard. Hard to tell apart though until I put leg bands on them. Good luck. I love the fact that so many people in Monmouth county are getting chickens.

Hey, don't forget Ocean County!!! We like to party, too!!!!
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
. Nice to see so many new chicken owners here in the Garden State (I'm still learning myself). Sounds like you are all mostly pretty far from my remote corner of the state but if someone does host a chicken stock I would love to come. I love meeting chicken people
smile.png

Quote:
Umm... That would be me. Did I just get myself in trouble???
hide.gif
lau.gif

No - but you are in the running - as a centrally located member - to host a chickenstock.
wink.png

(Notice how I'm passing the buck here)

Back
Top Bottom