New Jersey

Pics
Quote:
I know one of our customers does but I am not sure where she is located in Cherry Hill. I think I have seen some peeps one here before that were.

mame1616 Hey lady funny story....Miss fancy pants and my flock have adjusted relatively well. However my hopes that she might be higher up in the order don't seem to be panning out so well. HOWEVER she does have enough gumption to attack my cattle dog. He is now afraid of her!!!!
tongue.png
Sometimes chickens are very strange.

Well, I'll miss another one after all. My sister-in-law is graduating and being pinned RN that same date. It's been 29 years since she was pinned LPN. I'm tempted to say that chickens come first, but .....

Quote:
Wow! That's pretty funny! She definitely not a high-on-the-order girl, though. I can't believe she'd actually threaten the dog! That's a riot! Is she back to laying? I worried she might take a stress break.

Wish I had gotten to speak with that woman - was she a Purina rep? - at your store when I was there. Would have picked her brain about the feeds some more. You guys are too far away, but I can get Purina here, although the girls don't like it.

Quote:
She has laid every single day since we took her home. I could not believe it! I have a few girls who, even if they THINK you are having an attitude problem with them, will clamp their little hieney's shut and make me wait
cool.png
She is just so sweet and cooperative. I cannot thank you enough for her!

the Purina thing...If you would like I could give you our reps contact info if you have questions. Or if there is a Purina dealer closer to you then you can ask them to put you in touch with your areas rep. They loooooooove to talk and answer questions. Most time it's a good thing
tongue.png
Until then I think they have a few web sites with some info on them. I don't know what you are looking for (and to be honest I have never been on one
roll.png
) It amazes me how PICKY chickens can be. I wonder if they are naturally that way or maybe we spoil them, even if ever so mildly?
love.gif

Quote:
She has laid every single day since we took her home. I could not believe it! I have a few girls who, even if they THINK you are having an attitude problem with them, will clamp their little hieney's shut and make me wait
cool.png
She is just so sweet and cooperative. I cannot thank you enough for her!

the Purina thing...If you would like I could give you our reps contact info if you have questions. Or if there is a Purina dealer closer to you then you can ask them to put you in touch with your areas rep. They loooooooove to talk and answer questions. Most time it's a good thing
tongue.png
Until then I think they have a few web sites with some info on them. I don't know what you are looking for (and to be honest I have never been on one
roll.png
) It amazes me how PICKY chickens can be. I wonder if they are naturally that way or maybe we spoil them, even if ever so mildly?
love.gif

Yeah, I'm an idiot, traveling a half hour to get them the food they like when the Purina people are less than 10 minutes from my house. However, I'd like to have them on a slightly higher protein, but I can't get it from the Agway. The Purina guy will order me anything I want, but I'm not sure what to ask for. I'll check out the websites - I'm sure they have customer service.

I'm so glad Jane is laying for you -that means she's not too stressed - good! She does have some fancy pants, though, don't she? Never saw pants like that on a bird. Too bad the rest of her looks like big bird, poor thing!

I'll be bringing the same birds you saw to a mini-seminar I'm giving at the Howell Library this Saturday - I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure you could tell I don't mind talking about chickens! I'll have to make notes to keep myself on track. If there's anything I've learned about chickens after having them, it's that I have SO much more to learn! Wish me luck!

Quote:
AWWWW! You're not an idiot!!!!! Hell I wish every one in NJ would drive that and further for our store but I also not that might get a bit old for ya ('specially in the winter). Yea purina is pretty good about the special order thing.

Good Luck with your seminar. You will be great!!! You know quite a bit more than most and people loved talking to you at our event. Perhaps that is what makes chickens so great anyway, there is always a chance to learn something new! I wish I was free this sat. I would come with a big sign that says "FANCY PANTS CHICKEN LADY IS THE BOMB!!!!!"
tongue.png
so maybe yea, it is better I am busy.
lol.png

We received our chicks this morning. 5 Black Penedescenca are up for grabs, first come first serve. There is no charge for these. I can hold for awhile if you are not set up. PM for more info. We are located in Pine Barrens of Burlington County.

Back
Top Bottom