New Jersey

Pics
Hey NJ help!!!! 5 black runners and 2 colored scovies need homes NOW sorry to change the subject

They were a 4-H project. We can't do it anymore because of time problems. they are almost 6 months old and not laying yet. I've tried everything, other 4-H clubs,
farmers, rescues, and GOD forgive me Craigslist (everyone wanted them for food) you can just tell. The runners are well runners
lol.png
. The scovies are a bonded pair and can't be split up. He will chase everything that comes near his lady. He even corners my goose and pulls out her feathers
somad.gif

Please Please Help
bow.gif

85863_img_0329.jpg

85863_img_0321.jpg

Quote:
Jill, it is clear to me that you need MORE CHICKENS!! Only four in that big coop? They must be so lonely.
wink.png

People - update on the Sussex Show --------- we are 850 entries and counting!!
celebrate.gif

Please try and make it to the show to visit, if you're not already entered. It's a great day.

Quote:
That is very helpful, Thanks! You also confirmed a suspicion I had (bolded above). My thinking was that heat would actually help to evaporate moisture/dampness--providing there was enough ventilation for the water vapor to escape. (I noticed that the humidity level in their brooder would drop greatly whenever the heat lamp was on.)
I was considering a thermo cube, but wondered if shut-off at 45 degrees was a bit too high, anyhow (most I've seen shut off at that temp.) I'd probably deal with it manually --heaven knows I'm out there enough with them! I'm obsessed!
hu.gif

Wish I had room for more! I'm in love with my girls! Trying to get my husband to go to the Poultry Show, but he doesn't want to fuel my obsession--he's already complaining about the hours I spend with my chickens
hide.gif

I have to admit--they are the first ones I greet when I get home from work
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
That is very helpful, Thanks! You also confirmed a suspicion I had (bolded above). My thinking was that heat would actually help to evaporate moisture/dampness--providing there was enough ventilation for the water vapor to escape. (I noticed that the humidity level in their brooder would drop greatly whenever the heat lamp was on.)
I was considering a thermo cube, but wondered if shut-off at 45 degrees was a bit too high, anyhow (most I've seen shut off at that temp.) I'd probably deal with it manually --heaven knows I'm out there enough with them! I'm obsessed!
hu.gif

Wish I had room for more! I'm in love with my girls! Trying to get my husband to go to the Poultry Show, but he doesn't want to fuel my obsession--he's already complaining about the hours I spend with my chickens
hide.gif

I have to admit--they are the first ones I greet when I get home from work
yippiechickie.gif

They're probably cuter...

Back
Top Bottom