New Jersey

Pics
man stevo i would keep some traps out all the time. tractor supply has the no kill traps for about 35 bucks. alot cheaper than the hav-a-heart. if i was you i'd be making some fur coats.

Well I hope this doesn't offend anyone but here they are ready for market
big_smile.png

20111229183750.jpg

And this is number 7 before the trapper got here

IMG_0810modified.jpg

I hate to have to kill these fox. But as you can see there are just way too many on our farms. My neighbor lost ALL of his chickens. All of the snares are placed on trails comin from the woods to my coop. And they are all within 20ft of it. If the fox stay away they are safe. If not well they get caught.

cbohn80 I am hoping to put a good dent in the population during our trapping season. Setting snares is a tricky business. They must be set for specific animals. As soon as we get some snow my trapper said he will set for coyotes. After the season is over I hope I don't have anymore problems.

The thing that really got me going was that they killed chickens just to kill them. And of course they killed our favorites.

Good for you Stevo ! If you caught that many who knows how many are out there ? You do have to thin it out a bit .
Good luck . There was a couple of foxes here too . They got our friends chickens one night and came nack for some more .

if you have a farm or livestock in general foxes and coyotes are a nuisance animal and can be trapped and disposed of anytime. no need to wait for the trapping season. just make sure you catch them on your own property

Hello New Jerseyians!

I'm Holly. I'm a new member and I am desperately trying to find a great home for my three black australorp hens. I am located just outside of Atlantic City. I would be more than willing to deliver the girls to you along with my chicken supplies. I am unable to have them anymore which breaks my heart. If you are interested please email me. Thanks so much!!!

I'll send you pictures if you want. They're beautiful and I've raised them since they were a day old. They are very sociable and love to be with one another. They are also very quiet. Wonderful layers too!!

Thanks for reading,

Holly:)

Quote:
Hi Holly - I'm sorry you have to rehome your girls. Have you put notices up at the feed stores? Unfortunately, our next show isn't until May, ad you can sell them there, but that may be too long a wait for you. Please tell us if they are hatchery birds, and their ages.

Good luck - I will keep them in mind.

I bought them from a hatchery. (jerseychickens.com) I got them on April 6th. So they're less than a year old. They're very healthy and very friendly. They're pretty spoiled, hahah. They're great egg layers with large brown eggs. I raised them, so they're very people friendly and don't mind being handled. From the beginning they were pets. I'll find pictures and post them later.

Thanks!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom